Best "fun" route from Pyrenees to Le Havre? (in 2 days)

wheeliecrazy

Reaction score
Off to Santander on Sunday to do Picos and Pyrenees. Want to spend majority of the time in Picos / Pyrenees and plan to get from the Pyrenees to Le Havre in the last 2 / 2.5 days.

Had originally planned to go up the West Coast and stay around Le Rochelle area, and then across to le Havre from there.. BUT... I've been told that route may be pretty boring? :nenau (little or no green routes on the map either!) And it may be a better idea to go up the centre / east"ish" side of france instead....
Any advise on this would be appreciated as I've never been to France 'travelling' before. And any high level town to town routes considering the 2 day time limit..

Central Massif is particularly interesting....however, getting to it is a pain in the butt. I usually go clockwise around Paris...roughly Reims, Troyes, Nevers and into the 'Massif' around Clermont-Ferrand.
From here you can wander down to the Med before picking up the East to West Pyreneese run ..... I would suggest that 2.5 days is a bit of a rush if you want to enjoy it though.
Western France is boring if you are in a rush, the motorways are real mile munching straight lines with little or no interesting views....the upside being you can knock off a 500 mile day with ease.
Just my fourpenny worth......

Harv said:
Western France is boring if you are in a rush, the motorways are real mile munching straight lines with little or no interesting views....the upside being you can knock off a 500 mile day with ease.
Just my fourpenny worth......
I can vouch for that after we had to ride back through Western France when the Santander Plymouth ferry failed this Spring, plus its mind numbingly boring, cold, wet, etc, etc. Avoid it if you can :(

thanks for replies.. Just as I'd suspected... We'll have to see how we do for time and then make the decision on the fly

thanks again

Back
Top Bottom