Qpac power problems

blues n twos

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Today I wired in an additional 12V din socket up by the clocks to power the Quest 1 via a Qpac.

There is power coming all the way to the first and second contact as you look at it from the right but the unit remains on battery power :nenau

I am off to Austria and the like next week and we are camping so I need the Quest to run off the bikes power.

Could this be a Qpac fault or a Quest fault. The Qpac is brand new bought from gps warehouse last week. I have never had any problems with the Quest and it runs fine from the car kit :nenau

Any advice much appreciated as running out of time to sort this.

I have also noticed that there are six gold pickup points on the back of the Quest but only four on the Qpac :nenau

Jon :beerjug:

Jon,

If you're in the poo, you can borrow mine - it's the short lead version, but as you've put a socket in up the front, you should be okay...........

We can test both together and if it's a Qpac problem, leave me yours and I'll run it over to Steve at GPSW while your away.........

Let me know

Jon

Jon your an absolute star :beerjug:

I will ring gps warehouse on Monday to see what they say and I will let you know.

Thanks again :thumb

All sorted now.... the positive on the 12v din plug I bought should have been labled negative :rolleyes:

Happy bunny now :D

Jon :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom