Quest -"Find near me"

Andy Hird

Reaction score
Hi All,

Took Autumn (my stepdaughter) to see England V Andorra yesterday at Old Trafford. We were both really excited about seeing England play for the first time , Autumn especially. We set off and I asked Autumn to find Old Trafford on the Quest. All that came up was "Find near me" - what good was that to us living in Scarborough ?? Autumn managed to find the Man Utd museum, but not Old Trafford Stadium - bloody Quest, I was ready to throw the thing out of the window. I mean, it is only the most famous football Stadium in England

I was wondering is there a setting to change on it that lets you search Nationwide instead of "Find near me" ?? Or does it always just "Find near me" ?

Cheers,
Andy

While in the "Find" menu press menu and select "Find by name"

It's all in the manual :thumb

The United grounds in as a POI as well :thumb

Attachments

• ScreenShot030.jpg
    ScreenShot030.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 187
Old Trafford isn't listed as a sports venue under 'leisure' or 'attractions' .....it doesn't seem to have it on the Quest.

There is an entry for 'Old Trafford' station, which happens to be in the same road (Warwick road) as the public entrance for Old Trafford stadium ,but unless you knew that, would you trust heading for a station and hoping to find the ground????

Then again, it would have been wise to check before you left Andy ;)

Fanum said:
Old Trafford isn't listed as a sports venue under 'leisure' or 'attractions' .....it doesn't seem to have it on the Quest.

It is, its under "Attractions" in the sub-category "Arena/Track"

Whatton said:
It is, its under "Attractions" in the sub-category "Arena/Track"

Not on mine it's not :)

Oldham Athletic, Oldham Roughyeds, Oldham Rugby Union, Olympia.

Fanum said:
Not on mine it's not :)

Oldham Athletic, Oldham Roughyeds, Oldham Rugby Union, Olympia.

Your looking for Old Trafford :rolleyes:

Try Manchester United.........

Attachments

• ScreenShot030.jpg
    ScreenShot030.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 179
Not quite on topic, but why do I not get the "Find by name" option on the menu when searching, say "attractions"? I do get the option when searching "My locations" however. I can see from Whatton's screen dump that it can be done so what am I missing? I have a Quest 2 with the latest firmware and maps.

"Find" has 2 modes ...

Find by Name & Find Near me

Before selecteing any of the menu options such as "All Points of Interest" or "My Locations" etc... press the "Menu" button.

This will allow you to toggle between the 2 modes.

If you move the cursor on the map to roughly the location you would find it in (i.e. Manchester) then use 'Find Near Me' you may have more luck :thumb

Whatton said:
Your looking for Old Trafford :rolleyes:

Try Manchester United.........

Not being of the chav persuasion, I wouldn't know that Old Trafford is anything to do with these 'Manchester United' people :nenau ;)

nick said:
"Find" has 2 modes ...

Find by Name & Find Near me

Before selecteing any of the menu options such as "All Points of Interest" or "My Locations" etc... press the "Menu" button.

This will allow you to toggle between the 2 modes.

Thanks Nick, I'm aware of that, but after setting the mode to "Find by name" if I then select, say, "All points of interest", the mode always switches back to "Find near me", and the menu option for "Find by name" is no longer available.

The "Find by name" mode only works with "My Locations" and "Cities" in fact.

Can't be just me can it?

Mark_C said:
The "Find by name" mode only works with "My Locations" and "Cities" in fact.

Can't be just me can it?

Might be ;)

I have a Quest 1, software version 4.00.

"Find by name" and "Find Near Me" seem to toggle correctly for all Find menus.

This is going to bother me now.

Just to be clear: Quest 2, firmware version 2.80.

Could somebody else with a Quest 2 try searching for "Attractions" by name please?

Back
Top Bottom