New HP2 Owner

speedyellow

Firstly I should say hello to everyone, almost new here.... well I was a member 3 years ago (londonw1) when I had my Adventure but work sadly took me away but not before meeting up with people like Pat on his great Southern runs.

Anyway, back in the UK and have decided to bite the bullet and let my heart rule and buy the HP2 instead of a new Adventure.

Will be ready to collect in a couple of weeks from SPC, can't wait!

Hope to meet up with some of you soon.

Kurt

Hi and welcome to the forum. But shouldn't your username be speedblue then?

There's loads of stuff on here about the HP2 so enjoy! :thumb

Welcome! and Salisbury Plains are on your doorstep

Vern, good some see some names about from the last time I was about!!!

Speedyellow comes from my days racing cars a long long time ago now and has stuck on a couple of other forums.... maybe some painting of the bike will be in order after the first few scuffs appear.....

Salisbury Plain will be very very well used, know it well from Land Rover exploring (including the being chased off areas by the military Police.... wasn't me honest....)

Would be great to see you on one of the Surrey lanes runs; lots and lots of fun byways and RoW to explore.... the HP2's love them :thumb

Also, you might want to piggy back onto the Wales outing in October.....?

S

speed dude

congrats on the new ride. Its a bunch of fun. Not perfect but it grows on u and is a lot of bike. Mine is on the water at the mo and i miss it big time.

hp2 kms

Hey guys, who here has knocked up the most kms on their hp2 and what are the additions, changes, repairs,problems encountered.How many of us is there in captivity... How many of us would like to buy a bigger tank, shocks etc and is there any one interested in getting together to do a bulk buy on these items i.e. "buying group" Im in australia but this is not a prob with the internet.

Wheres it going to Beachman?
Send me a private message, Im aussie too (live in London - welcome at my place)

karlz

sorry karlz been flat out down here. Yeah the buying group thing. I just thought it might be worth buying a few bits for our hp2's at the same time for a discount? Ive just bought ohlins for the rear and am having the springs done in the front

Hello!

Good to hear you are back.
I'm still lurking and doing the odd ride still. Now on an R1150GS Adv and a KTM 950Adv just for comparison purposes...
I look forward to hooking up with you, maybe you will have the bike for it's batism of fire on the Plain in a few weekends.
Pat. :thumb

I should finally be taking delivery next weekend... just been waiting for bits to turn up and be fitted... can't wait!!!

from simon at spc,was looking at your bike there :)

just need to find one of me own now :)

Yup that'll be my bike, hopefully with all the bits bolted in place... including short arse seat now.... lol...

Hopefully you'll sort one soon, would be good to have another bike local!

Well it's arrived safely now.... and first impresison.... what happened to my low seat... as normal not delivered on time... second impression... god this thing is tall!!!

Well after setting the air pressure in the rear shock it fine when sitting on it... but getting your leg over (the bike that is....) could cause a serious injury!!!

Going to take a while to get used to this monster... but god I love it....

Only question so far... on the air intake, should there be a small impression.. about an inch long is the side of the pipe?? Didn't notice it before but it looks like it has been formed with heat??

Now to get back to getting used to getting my leg over....

speedyellow said:
Yup that'll be my bike, hopefully with all the bits bolted in place... including short arse seat now.... lol...

Hopefully you'll sort one soon, would be good to have another bike local!
All in hand just sorting a deal with pikey..least i will be when i get a chance to get to his :D

Back
Top Bottom