Jockser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
...for anyone with enough 'brownie points' for a weekend away :D

When : Sat 30th Sept & Sun 1st Oct
Where : Limerick / Tipperary / Waterford
What : A weekend of biking fun

The plan is to have two days of varied riding. :bounce1

On the Saturday Nud1e is going to take the best bits of the Slieve Felim w/e & string them together to made a route comprising boreens, tracks & probably a bit of mud ;)

The Sunday run is being organised by R2D2 & myself. It will consist of twisty 'R' and unclassified roads to give a day of somewhat faster road riding :moped: It'll be all tarmac, unless we can find some really interesting track(s)

Neither day will be an early start or late finish so if anyone wanted to join for one of the days that's possible. Otherwise accommodation is again available in Holy Cross . To check availability / rates, etc - info@abbeyvalehouse.com or 0504 43032.

Details of start time, location, etc will be posted closer to the date. In the meantime get on with earning those 'brownie points' :rose

:wave :hogroast :wave

Jockser said:
...for anyone with enough 'brownie points' for a weekend away :D

those 'brownie points' :rose

:

Well, I'm in !

I just have to find out how much two days worth of brownie points cost. :D

Daithi said:
Well, I'm in !

I just have to find out how much two days worth of brownie points cost. :D

Great !

I just bought 2 days. :thumb

:moped: :beerjug: :bounce1

the celt said:
r the boys from the north coming down?

Hopefully so Joe. Will have to earn lots of points though as I am away over to the East Midlands event this weekend. :cool:

Jockser, put me down for the Sunday at least, but I will try to make the Saturday too. :thumb

Aidan1150 said:
Hopefully so Joe. Will have to earn lots of points
Jockser, put me down for the Sunday at least, but I will try to make the Saturday too. :thumb

Double rooms available ;) :D wife can organise shopping trip if needs be :eek: :D for relevent others. :mmmm

R2D2 said:
Double rooms available ;) :D wife can organise shopping trip if needs be :eek: :D for relevent others. :mmmm

Noooo - that'll make the w/e way too expensive ;)

Aidan1150 said:

Go on, go on, go on...Ya know ya want to :D

If I can find someone to lent me a trailer so's I don't get me GS dented and I don't throw the pistonin the DR trying to keep up, I'm in :thumb :D

A cunning plan ....

Wizard said:
If I can find someone to lent me a trailer so's I don't get me GS dented and I don't throw the pistonin the DR trying to keep up, I'm in :thumb :D

Ingenious :bow

putting the 12 on a trailer and having the DR tow it, while trying to keep up :clap but wouldn't it have been easier to put a sidecar on the DR and put the 12 on it or just add training wheels, sorry that should be stablisers, to the 12, and what's this about shorter shocks and gravel rash on a sub 100 miler GS.

Anyway, Saturday won't be a fast day, a soft day, a muddy day, a wet day, a up and down day, a brushing past the briars day, a R1200(G)ST on forestry tracks day but not a fast day and the hedges are generally supportive unlike the rocky walls and wire fences of Donegal.

nud1e said:
putting the 12 on a trailer and having the DR tow it, while trying to keep up :clap but wouldn't it have been easier to put a sidecar on the DR and put the 12 on it or just add training wheels, sorry that should be stablisers, to the 12, and what's this about shorter shocks and gravel rash on a sub 100 miler GS.

:jes :jes :jes

I'm overdrawn in the brownie points department, but I'll send in the application anyway..

I'll keep y'all updated...

Apologies but

A new niece to be christened in Co Meath that weekend. However next spring an event in Kerry is very possible, forestry and other little roads would be on the menu. ;)

ROUTE

. .try to include the corkscrew down, across the bridge & the corkscrew up to Barley Lake . .

Jockser and R2D2, looks like it's going to be another gem of a weekend. :D :thumb
I'll be coming up on Saturday morning, I can be where ever is handy for ye,
at what ever time,(probably wont be able to sleep Fri night anyway :bounce1 )
Would the R2D2's be OK ? or wherever ye think best. :nenau

R2D2 said:

Emmmm ..... No thanks, no room on my bike. :eek: :eek: :eek:

:beerjug: :thumb

:D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom