Touratech Pannier - Mini Indicator Problem [wattage?]

boxer

Like Newton - only stupid
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi.

I've just installed my TT ally pannier OK but I've got a couple of problems with the supplied mini indictors.

The spade connectors appear to be a different sizes on the mini indicators, that is smaller. There is no resistance at all when mated with the connectors on the bikes wiring. Anyone experienced this and know work around?

Secondly, when the connectors are joined [loosley] the blinker operate far too quickly. I've noticed that the BMW bulbs are rated at 21W and the mini indicator bulbs are 10w. Could this be the cause of the rapid flashing? Has anyone experienced this?

I'll give Bracken a ring tomorrow and see what they say. I'd like to sort this out tonight or my plans for tomorrow are down the drain.

Thanks.

Russ

The rapid flashing is due to the 10W bulbs. Take out the 21W from your original indicators and put them in the mini ones they do fit

If you carefuly pinch the connectors on the end of the wiring with a pair of pliers they will make a better connection onto the mini indicator spades.

Thanks Paul.

Pretty much what I figured.

A pretty crappy way of doing things IMO. I'll go and give it a try now.

Must admit I didn't think the original bulbs would fit the minis.

Best Regards.

Russ

4 weeks ago we fitted a couple of sets of the mini Touratech blinkers onto R1100 bikes. The same problems were encountered but as already said just crimp the connectors and it'sall perfect.

Ours came with large globes as well, all individually wrapped in sealed plastic bags. Ours came direct from Touratech in Germany so maybe the local UK distributor takes them out and sells them as spares.

Mick.

Hi.

I've just installed my TT ally pannier OK but I've got a couple of problems with the supplied mini indictors.

The spade connectors appear to be a different sizes on the mini indicators, that is smaller. There is no resistance at all when mated with the connectors on the bikes wiring. Anyone experienced this and know work around?

Secondly, when the connectors are joined [loosley] the blinker operate far too quickly. I've noticed that the BMW bulbs are rated at 21W and the mini indicator bulbs are 10w. Could this be the cause of the rapid flashing? Has anyone experienced this?

I'll give Bracken a ring tomorrow and see what they say. I'd like to sort this out tonight or my plans for tomorrow are down the drain.

Thanks.

Russ

just had this happen to me,:mad: so come on here to check, thanks to this post it's not me going mad:) so off to find a set of Indicators that will fit the 21w bulb, pitty because i've got a set like the GSa ones that fit the bike but with that 10 w buld. also look like smaller GSA one.( which came off my KTM);)

cheers
:thumb

Back
Top Bottom