Tyre Fitting

Septimus

Reaction score
Hiya :thumb
I can fool myself no longer. The tread on my rear Tourance is no longer a bit worn, it's more like a bit illegal. :eek:
Being a relative newcomer to the area I wondered if you kind gentlemen could point me in the direction of a tyre sales and fitting emporium.
Usual requests. Brilliant work, for very little cost :D
Cheers
Russ

Only one I know apart from taking it to a dealer is in Gloucester, called Tyre sales on College road. They do ride in, ride out I went there about 4 years ago so check first it might have changed. They were good at the time.

Try Mike Davies at Robsom Racing at Shipstone on Stour. He has a website so a quick google will give you all the contact details you need.

I'll also endorse Mike @ Robsom Racing.

Great bloke, really good value tyres, and an honest reliable decent service as well.

John Stenhouse said:
Forget that Septimus they've gone I'm afraid. Just checked and they ain't there. Sorry.

Shame isn't it. They were quite good.

I no longer work in Glos. but from my Cheltenham based contacts, Protyre on Bristol Road is the place to go now. They are not far from the Fraser's Krappasaki dealership.

Robsom Racing will do a ride in service, but don't stock a great deal of tyres. If you call in advance they'll order the tyres (mostly next day) and then fit when you get there.

I can recommend some places in Shipston to kill some time if required!!!

No problem

Obviously you have had a bad experience. :nenau I have had tyres fitted to all sorts of bikes by them..................... never a problem and reasonable. :beer:

MATKAT said:
Obviously you have had a bad experience. :nenau I have had tyres fitted to all sorts of bikes by them..................... never a problem and reasonable. :beer:

Not me, one of my old riding buddies.

They 'attempted' to carry out some work his factory R Millie, they ended up leaving the bolts loose on the rear caliper. This resulted in the caliper falling away and lodging in the rear wheel causing extensive damage!

Amazingly he managed to stay on the bike, this could have been so much worse :eek:

They never even offered him any compensation. Personally, I think they should have been done good'n'proper for it!

And Roger, he's another story.... :shotim

John Stenhouse said:
Do they do ride in fitting?

Yes, I think Protyre do ride in fitting: ring them to check though. As I said, I don't work in Gloucestershire any more so the info I have is hearsay from a few mates who live in the area.

Another Cotswoldish outfit that I have used, and been very happy with, is Witney Tyres (part of the Merityre group)

dirtydog said:
I wouldn't let these cowboys clean my bike let alone stick some rubber on it!

Stay away from these lot if you value your safety :nono

AAAAAARRGGHH!!!! :eek:
I've booked to go there tomorrow :confused:
They're close and were reasonably priced.

I'll keep an eye on the geezer doing it....and pretend to know what I'm looking at :)

Thanks for the steer chaps :thumb

Yet more fitted

Just had my 3rd set of tyres fitted by Roger at Bikers World this year.A :thumb s usual excellent service no problems. These were some Pirelli MT21's for the airhead for the Cambrian Rally, has also fitted Heidenaus for me this year, and Anakees on the 1200. Mind I always take in loose wheels.............cheaper anyway.

Chuffed!

:D
The new rear Tourance has been on a week now. No probs :thumb

I was well impressed with the service and the price :clap

Trouble is....now that I know where this place is I keep popping in and buying stuff that I can't really afford :eek

Still, if all the stuff that I buy is on offer, then the more I buy the more I save. Right?

Cheers :beerjug: Russ

Join the rest of us

who................................... always get top service at bikers world and whats wrong with Roger, a top bloke from where i'm sat :thumb Maybe your mate should have winged at him not just blew them off. :beer:

Yep! Roger certainly seems to know his stuff and is a nice bloke as well. In fact the three people that I've met who work there are all really helpful :thumb

In the words of that world class thespian and influential American politician......'I'll be back' :D

Thanks for the heads up Matkat :beerjug:

Cheers
Russ

(I've just read that back and the worrying thing is that Arnie really is an influential politician :eek: )

:bounce1 Barry Chuckle for Chancellor!!!! :bounce1

MATKAT said:
who................................... always get top service at bikers world and whats wrong with Roger, a top bloke from where i'm sat :thumb Maybe your mate should have winged at him not just blew them off. :beer:

Not sure I know what you're saying? Maybe you're spending to much time at biker's world with Roger :nenau

Adam who used to work there was a good lad. Roger, full of himself and full of bullshit for my liking. Still, takes all sorts I suppose ;)

I'm certain if your beemer had of suffered such damage because of their incompetance, your comments may have been different :rolleyes:

Also, my mate was very diplomatic with them too......bunch of tossers :spitfire

dirtydog said:
Not sure I know what you're saying? Maybe you're spending to much time at biker's world with Roger :nenau

Adam who used to work there was a good lad. Roger, full of himself and full of bullshit for my liking. Still, takes all sorts I suppose ;)

I'm certain if your beemer had of suffered such damage because of their incompetance, your comments may have been different :rolleyes:

Also, my mate was very diplomatic with them too......bunch of tossers :spitfire
i now of lots of frends that have had probs as well , the only time i went to look at water proofs and found that the staff didnot have a clue so i left.
as for tyres W.A.S in worcester are very helpfull ring 01905 350581 :thumb

Back
Top Bottom