VCD's - will they work on any PC

AndyT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have seen quite a few VCD's on EBay of live bands that are not available normally but I'm reluctant to buy any untill I have more confidence they will work. Some people have told me that any PC will play them and most DVD players also whilst other folk say they are very unreliable and hardly play.

Do I need a special program to play them from a PC or is it the normal Windows media player????

Thanks in advance.

AndyT

VCDs will play on any PC any VCD player (obviously) and MOST DVD players, namely the ones that state they have VCD support.
It can be a bit difficult to explain how to open VCDs on your PC, let me know if you get hold of any and I'll knock up some illustrated instructions on how you can do it.
Be aware that the quality of VCDs compares nowhere near as good as DVDs tho ;)

Virtual??? How would Andy purchase a Virtual CD off Ebay? Virtual means it's not really there doesn't it? :p :p :p

Yes I'm pretty sure we're talking about a Video CD m8 ;) ;)

Thanks for the tips guys

I downloaded an uprated version of windows media player and this works fine but Jurassic PArk 3 is a letdown on a PC. I'm still trying to get the Pink Floyd "Dark side of Oz" to hear it.

thanks again.

AndyT:)

Ok Virtual

You create an image of a CD onto a server then run it from a PC which doesnt have a CD Drive, so it is possible to buy a virtual cd image. We use them across a network where the pc does not have a physical drive.

Ah ha, I see Mick :)
By the way, just out of interest, what Virtual CD software do you use as I'm looking to use something like this at work :)

Virtual CD software

SOAA,

My comapny use Farstone, http://www.farstone.com use it on all the schools we supply network solutions to, is not a bad piece of software, there are others out there as well.

Cheers

Mick

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom