Weather in the Pyrenees

leman

Going on a little ride from Bilbao to Agel in france next week hoping to go along the tourmalet & other Cols, what sort of weather would i expect this time of year, am i gonna need to pack thermals for the Pyrenees sections i plan to ride ?

Thanks Leman

There is a lot of rain around just now both here and in Spain. Agel isn't far from me and right now the temperature is 19c with rain. I would think it will be very cool and wet in the Pyrenees.

Thanks for that, i was hoping it would be cool as opposed to freezing :thumb

I was in the Pyrenees last weekend - very nice when it was not wet - but it was wet a lot! Crossed over a fantastic pass - can't remember the name - "only" a tad over 2000 metres - but just above the snow line - so bleeding cold as well! Yet by the time I got to Col D'Issars in the Alps at 2770 metres - fantastic sun, cold yes but ok.

Regrettably not even I have influence over the weather - so if that is the time slot you have go and make the most of it - despite the wet a good trip.

Keep an eye on the French Metro web site and it might help your decision:

http://www.meteofrance.com/FR/index.jsp

Met a couple of guys in Millau last week who had been 'washed out' in Spain with rain every day for 5 days. At least it was warm rain!

I have been to the Pyrenees on several occasions around this time and always been rained on at some stage but never cold.

Hope this helps

Keep an eye on the French Meteo web site and it might help your decision:

http://www.meteofrance.com/FR/index.jsp

Met a couple of guys in Millau last week who had been 'washed out' in Spain with rain every day for 5 days. At least it was warm rain!

I have been to the Pyrenees on several occasions around this time and always been rained on at some stage but never cold.

Hope this helps

Thanks for that link Gordon, i would have prefered to go ealier in the year but my mate could not get the time off so i will blame him when we get washed out :thumb

I was there last week, pissed down but it was pretty warm. The higher you go the colder it gets but I never felt the need for cold weather kit.
I loved every minute of it, the bad weather just makes a warm meal and a cold pint taste even better. ;)

I'm planning on going to the Picos next week.Suppose it'll be pissing down there too !!

It's rained every day I've been near Andora, especially heavy at this time of year and when it rains up there it also tends to get pretty cold. The Picos, on the other hand, have always given me good sunny weather (with the odd shower) and a bit further West than the Picos are some fabulous fast, bendy roads, those in the Picos tend to be a bit rough, Ok on the GS but no fun on a sports bike.
However it's called green Spain, and quite a lot of rain is needed to make it so green!

Spent last week in the pyrenees on the pushbike. Weather was good with some rain but mostly dry hot and sunny. Anybody here on the 2 1150gs's on the col d'aubisque passed me on the last 2k as i stopped for another breather?

Back
Top Bottom