Reyno in hospital after RTA

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Reyno involved in RTA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad news is that Brian (Reyno) is in Tameside Hospital (Manchester)this evening having been involved in an RTA on his GS on Snake Pass today..

From what I understand he was heading out from Glossop and hit a 4WD coming in the opposite direction.

His brother Terry has told me that Brian has his right Femur broken in two places and fractures to his lower right leg also. He remained conscious throughout and intimated that there was something on the road which caused the front wheel to wash out.. and he drifted into the 4WD (possibly and old Isuzu) coming the other way..

The bike was ripped in half, and as I type this He's due to come out of surgery after about 5 hours of repairs.

Terry tells me he's going to be on Ward 2 for the next 3 or 4 days , and visiting times is 2pm to 8pm if anyone is passing.

Wishing him a speedy recovery

Bryn

Thats awfull news Bryn! thank god its no worse than that, pass on my best to him for a speedy recovery.
Guess he wont be allowed to have his mobile with him, will give his wife a call.

SHITE...That`s bad news......but thanks for posting it here.

Those breaks sound nasty.

I`ll make the Thread a 'sticky' so it stays at the top of the Forum.

I`m not really going to be able to get to visit him,but PLEASE wish him well from me.

Just spoke to Terry (Brians Brother and fellow GSer) Surgery went well, and he should make a full recovery providing there aren't any complications. He's expected to be in Tameside Hospital, Heartshead building, Ward 2 , for around a week before he is moved to Preston to be nearer home.

Terry was out with him on a ride, and saw the scene. Looks like its happened on a left hander, and the bike has gone sideways into the oncoming vehicle, ripping the rear end of the bike away...

Bryn

Cheers for updating us,Bryn :thumb

I`m cross posting this on GSClubUK to keep folk up to date there.....Reyno has already had some get well wishes posted.

What crappy news... :(

Glad to hear that he's OK & I'll try & visit when he's back here, in Preston.

(1st dibs on the back wheel :eek: ;) ? )

Thanks Bryn for the info - thats crap news. Just bought one of his oil cooler grills and hes a top bloke to deal with. :thumb

I wish him a very speedy recovery and hope hes back on two wheels soon.

:beerjug:

met both reyno and his brother terry at the east midlands, top blokes, despite not knowing me from adam, they welcomed me and chatted, but they also helped others, sad to hear, hope he makes a quick recovery :(

Really sorry to hear this news.... :(

Brian did such a splendid job of fitting my oil cooler grill at the EM do... and what a pleasure it was to meet him at last...

A wish him a full and swift recovery... and thoughts are with family and friends...

Get well soon!

Very shocked to hear this news - only just read it - but glad to hear that you are on the mend. Best wishes for a speedy and complication free recovery. I will give the grill an extra polish this evening in your honour!

All the best,

Psyko

Back
Top Bottom