Brrrrrr

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

While "celeaning out" some old threads (see, I do have some responsibilities here), I found this photograph. It still has the same WOW factor as when I first saw it. Proof (if any was needed) that GSers are often a unique and mental bunch... :cool:

Attachments

• more snow road.jpg
    more snow road.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 250
Is the image visible? I know people have been having trouble getting it to view... :nenau

Looks a wee bit Berty Baltic :eek:
Knobblies on bike and nae Knob on the rider :rolleyes:

Police turned up at my door once just tae see what kind of three wheeler went up the road in the snow

Me wi ma feet doon :D

Great pic :thumb

John Armstrong said:
:confused: I couldn't see the photo, and posted that I couldn't. Now I can see the photo but not the post I posted IYSWIM. :confused:

John, I deleted my original thread (which you replied to) and posted a new one...

...Just like that! :thumb

Never let a bit of snow get in the way :D

Attachments

• 2005-12-27 14-52-35_0021.jpg
    2005-12-27 14-52-35_0021.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 241
I remember that pic. Respect to Pete. :bow
I’ve only been out in snow like that once, by mistake. 3 miles from home :eek: I’m still not sure how I managed to get the bike home and remain upright.
Might have been some Bunnahabhain shortly after that ;)

Ronno, who decides what threads are worthy of deletion.
I find it more interesting going back and reading the old ones rather than some of the recent rubbish.
Dont clean up too efficiently please.

EDIT ... Ive been cleaned oot !!! Im back below 3000 again.

Hi Den,

The decision is really down to me, I'm afraid (or Super Mods). I try only to remove posts that are no longer valid (eg, "anyone up for a run next Sunday 7th July, 2003") and I don't touch any that have any relevent info on regardless of when posted.

I've lost a few posts too during the "purge". It can't be helped I'm afraid...

Obviously, if there's a particular thread that anyone wants me to keep, I can be bribed :beer:

Cheers
Ronno

Ronno said:
Hi Den,

The decision is really down to me, I'm afraid (or Super Mods). I try only to remove posts that are no longer valid (eg, "anyone up for a run next Sunday 7th July, 2003") and I don't touch any that have any relevent info on regardless of when posted.

I've lost a few posts too during the "purge". It can't be helped I'm afraid...

Obviously, if there's a particular thread that anyone wants me to keep, I can be bribed :beer:

Cheers
Ronno

And the ones ye posted when yir were pished

:potkettle :D

Den said:
Ronno, who decides what threads are worthy of deletion.
I find it more interesting going back and reading the old ones rather than some of the recent rubbish.
Dont clean up too efficiently please.

EDIT ... Ive been cleaned oot !!! Im back below 3000 again.

I agree, Den. There are some great old posts like the one below. Where about in Kirkmichael was this do held?

Kirkmichael Xmas Do

Here, you could have changed yer breeks for dinner :eek: :thumb

attachment.php

Hang on!................................ That's porridge bowls on the table! :eek:

Al :D

Blackal said:
Hang on!................................ That's porridge bowls on the table! :eek:

Al :D

Aye, and your point is.... :D :D :D

I remember bits of that Christmas do...just

Den keeping the bunkhouse awake with his snoring :D
the long distance travellers arriving by bike, those close by arriving by car :rob
the dining room so cold that the only thing for it was to drink heavily :beer:
a freezing run around Perthshire on the Saturday :(
an owner who shoved us out into the bunkhouse because he double booked with some hoity-toity shooting party :spitfire

Most of all, good company, fine food and wine, and plenty of tales of daring-do

:beerjug:

Aye Iain, That Was a Cold One!

I'd forgotten how bad the hotel was Iain :eek: - the dining room was freezing. You expect a cold run on the bike at that time of year but you don't expect to have to wear your thermals inside the digs :( - - and to cap it all the owner quietly ripped off AndyCam with the final bill :nono "forgot" about the deposits :rolleyes:

Cheers................Grizzly :beer:

Grizzly said:
I'd forgotten how bad the hotel was Iain :eek: - the dining room was freezing. You expect a cold run on the bike at that time of year but you don't expect to have to wear your thermals inside the digs :( - - and to cap it all the owner quietly ripped off AndyCam with the final bill :nono "forgot" about the deposits :rolleyes:

Cheers................Grizzly :beer:

Bloody hell. It sounds like a nightmare, George. I'd no idea from the thread/photos. Looked like a top Do...

..how did you get ripped off?

Ronno said:
Here, you could have changed yer breeks for dinner :eek: :thumb

attachment.php

I didnt have any other clothes with me.
I wasnt staying, but somebody got me drunk .

Back
Top Bottom