Varadero instead of a GS - don't think so

ToNe

Sold the CBR600F to a Honda dealer this morning.

The dealer asked me to consider buying a Varadero instead of a GS on the grounds that the GS is an ugly bike.

I don’t know what he means, looks good to me and I'm happy I know what I'm getting into due to the info available on this BB (THANKS).

Anyway, took the money for the CBR and ordered a GS in Black this afternoon (from Williams in Manchester) – pick up next Saturday.

Sorted.
:D

I had a similar experience but the varadero while a nice bike did not handle anything like the GS, Black is nice, if you have the panniers consider painting the lids in Marakesh Red, I damaged my left hand one on a post in a car park in Spain so repaired it and painted red, it does look well on a black bike.

Are you having the Red seat ??

Jim,

Black seat - it was a matter of what was available now.

Tony.

pr0ne,

Thought about the blue & white - like it, but too close to Manchester City's colours for me.

I've a house full of City fans here and I don't want to encourage them !

Just wave as you go past.

Regards,

Tony.:)

The Varadero does sound nice with race pipes, i heard one at Box Hill last sunday, but i never even considered one when i was thinking of getting a GS.

I had a lot of time for the Varadero - well 18 months actually - but my new GS is just lovely.

And its blue/white

I had a Varadero for 2 years and it was a very good bike, quicker than a GS (except round the bends) but it was thirsty and far more ugly than the GS ;)

The Varadero is a good and pretty bike, but no good and pretty as the GS. Tell your dealer to change job.

;)

Vardera

:) Also had a Vara for 18 months, and really enjoyed it. I did not find the MPG quite the problem as others, always got 40 plus MPG. Many things going for it, and had a look the other day at the fuel injected one. Very similar in looks, but seems no one is buying them. I sold mine last autumn when I went for a test ride on a GS and the rest is history. I still have a soft spot for the Vara though !!:)

I would never buy a bike whose name I cant pronounce!
1150 GS? yes, I can say that:)

evenflow said:
I would never buy a bike whose name I cant pronounce!
1150 GS? yes, I can say that:)

So how do you pronounce VFR or BMW?

Back
Top Bottom