Aprilia pegaso 650 1994 any good

Good wee budget bike, pretty much the same mechanically as the F650 (it was, in fact, where the F650 originated). Finish isn't great, so they need a bit of looking after, but I'd imagine you're after a winter hack at this time of year, so cover it in ACF50, WD40, lithium grease and Scottoil365 anfd off ya go :thumb

nice bike

good little bike,spares are a prob at mo but is being sorted :clap
My son ride his all year with no problems buy and enjoy :clap :thumb :bounce1

The Funduro is the better bike , the 4 valve head is more reliable and less vibes.

Funnily enough if you want a Funduro we have a couple for sale... pm me.

:thumb I've got black 650 96 peg (the fastest colour) so has my mate and he has over 30k on his without it missing a beat!

Excellent we bike ( :eek: seat hight a bit high for some) , 5 valve head tops. Finish is fine if you look after it. Has upside down forks and over 50bhp. It eats BMW 650's but you have to use the gears and ride it in a lower gear than a BM,er. Difficult to work at but it's part of its appeal I can take mine to bits blindfold.

Can be thitsty at about 40 mpg but possibly because you are inclined to ride the nuts off it! (about 90 miles to reserve!)

Will sit at 80 all day long and I would recommend the MRA touring screen. Parts can somtines be a bit of a problem as Aprilia dealers computers only list 97 models onwards. But I have a few good contacts and all parts are mostly the same as the BMW.

I have thought of selling mine several times, then I take it out for a final fling and decide I must keep it!

Good 96 model for around £500 - £1000. 97 models not so popular as they are injected and not as fast or rugged looking.

Buy one you will enjoty it! :clap

NA1959 said:
:
Can be thitsty at about 40 mpg but possibly because you are inclined to ride the nuts off it! (about 90 miles to reserve!)

Will sit at 80 all day long and I would recommend the MRA touring screen. Parts can somtines be a bit of a problem as Aprilia dealers computers only list 97 models onwards. But I have a few good contacts and all parts are mostly the same as the BMW.

Hmmm... never had less than 50 mto the Gallon doind the same riding... and as regards a Pegaso taking a beemer...naww , it's the rider not the bike ;) Never had a Pegaso takem eon a Fundie... had plenty see my rear lights tho; :D

NA1959 said:
:thumb I've got black 650 96 peg (the fastest colour) so has my mate and he has over 30k on his without it missing a beat!

Excellent we bike ( :eek: seat hight a bit high for some) , 5 valve head tops. Finish is fine if you look after it. Has upside down forks and over 50bhp. It eats BMW 650's but you have to use the gears and ride it in a lower gear than a BM,er. Difficult to work at but it's part of its appeal I can take mine to bits blindfold.

I have thought of selling mine several times, then I take it out for a final fling and decide I must keep it!

Good 96 model for around £500 - £1000. 97 models not so popular as they are injected and not as fast or rugged looking.

Buy one you will enjoty it! :clap

Ta lads, I am interested.... Keep me going for a year or two.

Grazoid

Grazoid

Me's timks you may have a reason to make a BMER better than a Peg! ;)

I can only go by my bike and my mates identical 650 peg!
:D
Both eat the arse of 650 BMer's, HANDEL BETTER AND ARE FASTER.

Come to N Ireland and we can have a comparison! :thumb

I really liked mine when I had it, the only grumble I had it was not exactly comfortable on any sort of distance but that could be down to the fact that I was about 17stones then. (wish I was now :( )

I had a Pegaso in 94/5.

Great bike,much quicker and smoother than the F650,which was horrid in comparison at the time.

NA1959 said:
Grazoid

Me's timks you may have a reason to make a BMER better than a Peg! ;)

I can only go by my bike and my mates identical 650 peg!
:D
Both eat the arse of 650 BMer's, HANDEL BETTER AND ARE FASTER.

Come to N Ireland and we can have a comparison! :thumb

Yeah sure , read all the reviews - the 4 valve head loses some topend BUT is more reliable for long life. The Peg valve seats start to crack after 30k and start losing compression and there fore power. The rear shock is worse than the chocolate one fitted to the Fundie( viva Hagon's! ) and if anything the flaky Fundie paint is even worse on Peg's.

So if you want to get humbled, pop over here and i'll race you back to the Stranraer Ferry... now that sorts out the men from the boys a three hundred mile road test :D

Dickieboy said:
I really liked mine when I had it, the only grumble I had it was not exactly comfortable on any sort of distance but that could be down to the fact that I was about 17stones then. (wish I was now :( )

It's a lot to do with how you set the bars, I moved mine about 3 degrees for ward and my 18 stone has always been comfy.

zedzed said:
good little bike,spares are a prob at mo but is being sorted :clap
My son ride his all year with no problems buy and enjoy :clap :thumb :bounce1

Actually spares have always been an issue , that and the fact that they didn't sell as well as the Fundies so not as many topend parts in breakers... as that is the weak point.

Back
Top Bottom