Detail Zumo pictures

ebbo

Reaction score
Not a review, just a few pictures to wet the appetite…

http://www.gpspassion.com/fr/articles.asp?id=202&page=2

It’s occurred to me though, with the Zumo having a set of buttons on the left side, would make it a good UK car GPS too, nearly all other GPS’s are designed for European and American markets where drivers sit on the wrong side of the car and operate the GPs with the right hand :thumb

ebbo said:
Not a review, just a few pictures to wet the appetite…

http://www.gpspassion.com/fr/articles.asp?id=202&page=2

It’s occurred to me though, with the Zumo having a set of buttons on the left side, would make it a good UK car GPS too, nearly all other GPS’s are designed for European and American markets where drivers sit on the wrong side of the car and operate the GPs with the right hand :thumb

How do you work that out. What if the GPS is on the right hand side of the steering wheel on a RHD car which would be safer :bounce1 :eek:

Just look at the pictures and shut up, ok? :nenau

:D :D :D (Do note the smiles!)

NeilF said:
Showing a fuel gauge! ! !

Is that via bluetooth to the fuel tank?

Neil.

I think it will be more along the lines of learning "your" average consumption and calculating a theoretical fuel guage. In theory the more you use it the more accuarate it would become.

But I could be wrong.... :thumb

Upgrade

Definitely ticks all the boxes for me in terms of what I would want should I choose to upgrade from my Quest. Won't be in the next 6 months though :eek:

Thunder said:
Dutchman has a great deal on them, you can find details here

Thanks Thunder, I missed this ......

off to place an order, I do believe.

Now, just need to find someone who needs a TT locking Streetpilot 111 bracket. Only slightly used......

Let's hope the info at gpspassion is wrong or incomplete. It indicates that the Zumo has only one task - to compete with TomTom Rider about the GPS Dummies. :nenau

The Zumo is described as a device for those who never used a GPS before. Absolutely not something one "upgrades" too. When will Garmin release a modern version of the 276C? It's quite remarkable that the stone-age 276C still is the best GPS on the market for bikers who love nice roads! :confused:

HMR said:
When will Garmin release a modern version of the 276C? It's quite remarkable that the stone-age 276C still is the best GPS on the market for bikers who love nice roads! :confused:

Crikey fella, have Garmin not offered you a job in sales yet ???

:D

HMR, I’m a keen 276c user myself, but for ‘most’ motorcyclists the Zumo looks ideal. The built in memory alone would be a big improvement on the 276c.

I won’t be buying one straight away, I’ll see how it goes first. It would be nice to get a shiny new GPS with v9 mapping for Spring :)

I had a Nav II which I'd purchased from a member of this site and found it a great unit, but what attracted me to the Zumo was the integral battery and bluetooth functionality.

I currently have my mobile and an Ipod mounted on the bike through the Autocom but the Zumo has the potential to make music and phone functionality a lot simpler.

kiwiAdventure.

No, mate I am not flapping mt gums.
If you follow "Errors in Mapsourse V8" you should get the reason behind my statement.

Briefly, here I will go over it.

I tooka holiday a month or so ago.I went to St Davids in Wales. I hadn't filled up as I knew I had enough to get me there. The following day I went into the village where according to my GPS there were 2 petrol stations. I tried to find either one of them by riding up and down and finally going to a Tourist info place.They advised me to go OUT of village for about a mile before I would eventually fill up.
This whole process took about an hour of my time.

When I returned home I rode to where I KNEW a petrol station used to be.The GPS told me it was still there.I know for a FACT the station had closed down 7 years ago. I used to chat up the girl behind counter there while I stopped off for a coffee.
I met her 2 weeks befoere the holiday and she commented that the station had closed down 7 years ago, that's how i know.

Sorry if I hi jacked the thread.

Be Safe

Pat

gpsonaPan said:
Sorry if I hi jacked the thread.
You didn't.

If, for some unknown reason, the tank station still exist it may very well be closed for siesta. If it is a self service station i Denmark or Italy it won't accept neither Visa nor any other international credit card.

Carry a 4 litre spare with you or....

:(

HMR.

Thank you for that..

However, the petrol station I am referring to has been closed for 7 YEARS>
That is one hell of a siesta dontcha think.????

I know of at least 4 stations the GPS system say is there but I KNOW isn't.

There is also one I know of that is at least 500 mtrs further up the road than the GPS says it is.

Carry a 4 litre spare with you or....

A bit difficult if already loaded uo with holiday gear.!!

Pat

I've said this in another thread but CN8 shows my village to have a Post Office from elswhere and a pub that closed 10 years ago. CS7 didn't have these issues.

Two steps forward and one step back perhaps ???

Back
Top Bottom