Uploading pics to postings

Flying Scotsman

Sorry guys, I'm a newbie, also I may be posting this in the wrong forum!

How do I attach pics to my postings?

Find peace in the corners.

Flying Scotsman

:type

When you click on "post reply" the new screen has an option
at/near the bottom; Attach file.

Next to it is a clickable "Browse" button. Click on it, find your file on your pc & then click on Sumbit Reply.

Don't click on "preview reply" as it throws a wobbler & doesn't work.

hopefully that'll work for you :thumb

Not for ,me

Ok, I checked and couldn't find the browse button so I checked the frequently ask questions and found this

"The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this board, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make, as the board should not be used as an extension of your hard disk!"

The word is "may" so Mister Administrator, would you please allow me the opportunity to post a bike of my Thumper?

Thanks all
Steven

Sponsor the site,,,,

Ok, so I need to sponsor the site before being allowed the privilege of posting pics.

Get nuttin' for nuttin!

.....and it doesn't work if you preview the message either for some reason.

OK so I don't have a digital camera, instead i shoot my pics on a 35mm SLR camera and have 'em put onto a CDROM. In this format an individual picture is to big to attach to a post ... so how do I reduce the size of the piccie and therefore the file??

Strangely, if I've emailed a piccie to someone direct from the CD ROM the file IS reduced in SOME cases, then I can post the piccie on this forum ... so why should this be ... my head hurts??

:confused: :rolleyes:

you need an image editor. paint shop pro, photoshop elements for instance or some freebie you might get with a scanner or digital camera.

first 2 mentioned would do much more than alter sizes.

this freeware might do the job. not actually tried it.

thanks cookie I'll give it a whirl. But I feel that a digi camera will be on the cards sooner rather than later.

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom