Tank Bags - Any advice?

Mark Sansby

Been looking into getting a tank bag for my 1150GS.

Have used Baglux system on last bike & found it really easy to use + it protected the tank.

Have heard that because of the beak on a 'GS that the tank harness doesn't seem to fit that well and air gets in making it flap about a bit.

I don't want to buy a magnetic bag. Don't like carrying half a dozen magnets around when I get off and their not secure enough to leave on the bike.

Does the BMW one have a system that has a fixed base that the bag zips on to?
Are the BMW originals expensive?

Any other ideas?

The bag doesn't need to be big (I've got top box & panniers) but as my other arf can't read a map & I can't afford GPS, I need a map pocket and just enough room for a few bits.:rolleyes:

Have a look HERE Mark. My personal choice is the Touratech VP45... loads of room.

BMW's bag

I've one of the BMW's one and I like the idea that there isn't loads of straps and things, so filling up the tank is easy. There again it makes removing it quite easy for any low life, but if the steering lock is on it should deter the very casual thief.

Try the HELD range

Came top in Ride test, I bought it - brilliant. It's completely waterproof without a separate cover, teardrop shaped for the tank, not too big, converts to a rucksack and can be mounted with magnets or straps. Top stuff.

Baglux

Since joining the site I feel the most common bag is the baglux and so bought one for my GS. I find it superb and rate it very highly - ideally suited for the GS.

Have Fun

AndyT:cool:

Baglux

I have a baglux and the harness is great, they do a bag specifically for large enduro's its the Gamma I think but check the website.

Many thanks for the advice.

Think with my previous experience of Baglux I might stick with that. Plus I've still got a bag.

Paul G, I looked at the Touratech site and was impressed with the bag you mentioned. Woudn't mind seeing one in the flesh. But being down in the depths of Cornwall, I don't think there's much chance of that!

Don't suppose anyone's got a Baglux tank harness going v. cheap, preferably in manderin?

Back
Top Bottom