SPIII and Routing Question

Mike Werner

Cloggie amongst Frogs
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just upgraded to the Streetpilot III and am having problems entering an address that's not 'Nearby'.

The GPS knows where I am, and when I ty to enter an address in a city that is much further away, it will not show the address. I know that you can use the Menu key to select a map and find a city on it, but still I can't get the address I want until I'm in the vicinity (thereby defeating the GPS purpose).

Any of you know how to do it???

Mike

It should work OK unless:
  1. You don't have the City Select map tile loaded into your cartridge, or
  2. the mapping data of France isn't good enough to actually have the road you want detailed
    [/list=1]

I hope that that helps!

:)

Greg

Greg Masters said:
Mike

It should work OK unless:
  1. You don't have the City Select map tile loaded into your cartridge, or
  2. the mapping data of France isn't good enough to actually have the road you want detailed
    [/list=1]

I hope that that helps!

:)

Greg

1. I do have the City map loaded, and when I arrive nearby the city in question, I can enter the address.

So don't really know what gives. On the 'old' Streetpilot Color Atlantic I didn't have this issue...

I haven't got my SP3 to hand, but could it be something like you need to select find by name instead of nearest?

Saying that the search software could learn a few things from Autoroute.

Mike,

The search engine isn't the best, though its better than the one in Mapsource by a long streak!!

To eliminate user error I could try it on mine which is an SPIII with full euro unlock. Alas you can't PM me the address but you can if you wish email me it.

I've had a few problems searching for good addresses, Mainly to do with how we 'disagree' on the address :rolleyes:

BMW Motorrad

Hmm, the more I try and use the find function the more frustrated I get with it. Just spent ages trying to locate SPC as all BMW Motorrad dealers are supposed to be loaded. Well if they are someone has nicked my SPC cos it aint on my basemap. Anyone else with a BMW Navigator able to have a look to see if it's on their basemap.

Re: BMW Motorrad

gazza said:
Hmm, the more I try and use the find function the more frustrated I get with it. Just spent ages trying to locate SPC as all BMW Motorrad dealers are supposed to be loaded. Well if they are someone has nicked my SPC cos it aint on my basemap. Anyone else with a BMW Navigator able to have a look to see if it's on their basemap.
I can't help you with the BMW Nav question as you know I only have the lowly SPIII but I do know where SPC is and I have some co-ords for ya.

N 51 06.688
W 000 59.649

Elevation 384 ft :D

Re: BMW Motorrad

gazza said:
Though could it be that beacuse they are on the basemap and you have the detailed maps selected it can't find it? Have you tried deselecting the detailed maps first then trying to locate it? It would be a shite implementation if it was how it works but there ya go we are talking about BMW!! ;)

Worth a try

Hi Andy just tried it with the chip out and it's still not there. I can only assume it's not on the basemap. Waypointed your coords and they are almost identical to SPCs website location. Thanks for the suggestions.

judge said:
Mike,

The search engine isn't the best, though its better than the one in Mapsource by a long streak!!

To eliminate user error I could try it on mine which is an SPIII with full euro unlock. Alas you can't PM me the address but you can if you wish email me it.

I've had a few problems searching for good addresses, Mainly to do with how we 'disagree' on the address :rolleyes:

Thanks. I'm about to leave for a few days, but I'm going to give it a jolly good college try. It must be in the procedure somewhere, I must be missing a step. I'm also using the full Euro unlock, so that shouldn't be the problem. (I bought mine from a UK web site).

If I manage to do it (or not), as the famous words go "I'LL BE BACK !!"

Re: Worth a try

gazza said:
Waypointed your coords and they are almost identical to SPCs website location.
I should hope so too as I 'marked' the waypoint whilst seated on the bike outside their front door. If its only 'almost' identical I respectfully suggest Sir they don't know where they are!! :thumb

Back
Top Bottom