'Route truncated' message

adamski49

Reaction score
Just uploading my maps and route for France to my GPS V and the message 'Route truncated' appeared before loading completed- no errors though and it does appear on the GPS.

Based on the meaning of the word 'truncate' I assume that as the return journey from Soissons to Coquelles is a retrace of the outward journey it just doesn't load the same info twice.

Is this correct or am I going to come unstuck at some point? It's not really something I can test before I leave.

TIA, cheers

Adam

adamski49 said:
Just uploading my maps and route for France to my GPS V and the message 'Route truncated' appeared before loading completed- no errors though and it does appear on the GPS.

Based on the meaning of the word 'truncate' I assume that as the return journey from Soissons to Coquelles is a retrace of the outward journey it just doesn't load the same info twice.

Is this correct or am I going to come unstuck at some point? It's not really something I can test before I leave.

TIA, cheers

Adam

Could it be that there are parts of the map missing for the route you've calculated ??

route truncated

had this once on my 'V' and , as Mike says, was when i hadn't loaded maps covering all the route.

When out and about it plotted route once back in area covered by loaded maps.

pete

Aah, missing map!

Due to the memory restriction on the V I have two map zones diagonally adjacent (or corner to corner) which means I have cut off all of about 10 miles road max.

Unfortunately it somehow manages to cut my route down by 100 miles. I assume it has recalculated. Would a waypoint in each corner solve it?

Thanks for replies.

Adam

What this means is that you've filled the memory capacity and the software is shortening the route so that it fits into the unit.
Happened on my SPIII When I tried to load too many routes around France.
I did not use the trunkated route, so don't know if it will still guide you OK. I decided to take my laptop on holiday with me so that I can load up as required.

Howard

Thanks for that - saves me getting lost in France

I'll try and sort my routes again and maybe drop a map area to free some memory.

Do I take it that the track logs would be using the same memory and if it's full I won't be saving much?

Thanks again

Adam :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom