Taking the plunge....

kopcat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, I've decided it's about time I took the plunge and made a move from the pillion seat to the seat of power... This is a huge challenge for me, as I've spent years being told (by my EX) that I'm no good on the roads (NOT true) - so I'm looking for a good place to do my CBT. I've read a couple of threads on CBT/Direct Access places...and really don't think I can face instructors who do nothing but shout - I need encouragement and positive reinforcement!?!!

I've done a bit of research, and MSM (Belle Vue, Manchester) seems to be the closest training centre geographically. Does anyone have any experience of this place? Or any advice?

Thanks in advance :thumb

kopcat said:
Well, I've decided it's about time I took the plunge and made a move from the pillion seat to the seat of power... This is a huge challenge for me, as I've spent years being told (by my EX) that I'm no good on the roads (NOT true) - so I'm looking for a good place to do my CBT. I've read a couple of threads on CBT/Direct Access places...and really don't think I can face instructors who do nothing but shout - I need encouragement and positive reinforcement!?!!

I've done a bit of research, and MSM (Belle Vue, Manchester) seems to be the closest training centre geographically. Does anyone have any experience of this place? Or any advice?

Thanks in advance :thumb

the attached link is a a1 outfit there is a lot of expieriance there and you can trust the people involved pm me if you want to speak by phone
or ring graham or wayne mention my name and the price will double :eek:

only joking
regards steve

http://www.riverviewrt.com/

Hi

I used MSM at Belle Vue. It was a long time ago and at that time they traded under a different name. Quite a friendly bunch and I don't remember being shouted at a lot. Location is critical as you have to get to them and you need to consider what area you are going to learn in. The CBT on road training is minimal and is done on the streets around Belle Vue. For further training we got out into Derbyshire which was a little less busy.

Pop in and have a chat and see if you like them. Learning to ride can be fun :bounce1

MartinW said:
Hi

I used MSM at Belle Vue. It was a long time ago and at that time they traded under a different name. Quite a friendly bunch and I don't remember being shouted at a lot. Location is critical as you have to get to them and you need to consider what area you are going to learn in. The CBT on road training is minimal and is done on the streets around Belle Vue. For further training we got out into Derbyshire which was a little less busy.

Pop in and have a chat and see if you like them. Learning to ride can be fun :bounce1

Geographically this place does seem to make sense - as am right between MSM and the Peak District.

You're right - I'll call in and have a chat!

Cheers :thumb

minkyhead said:
the attached link is a a1 outfit there is a lot of expieriance there and you can trust the people involved pm me if you want to speak by phone
or ring graham or wayne mention my name and the price will double :eek:

only joking
regards steve

http://www.riverviewrt.com/

Thanks Steve :) their website certainly looks more impressive than MSM. I need to consider distance as well I suppose, but your commendation goes a long way too! Hmmmm.....more thought needed!?!

Don`t know if they are still going but Moto Technique are excellent - based near the CIS building - their phone number is 0161 833 4136.

Back
Top Bottom