MegaMoto

Tsiklonaut

GS pervert
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
From Mike Werner's page:

BMW-HP2-Megamoto.jpg

Maybe wheelbase now decreased, stiff regular rear Öhlins shock so it may be more strict dedicated SM than the strict offroader HP2 with the street wheels?

Centre of Gravity decreased with lower oil radiator as well it looks, so a bit quicker SM-style corner action possible(?)

Looks verrry tasty'n'horny methinks. :thumb

Other BM new G-series bikes here: http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/10102006174201MWELET.htm#dxcontinue

Posted a thread already, but since I'm way over my bandwidth allocation for the month, could you please host the photo yourself.... the hot linking is getting to be so expensive that I might need to stop people linking in photos...nasty !!

Mike Werner said:
Posted a thread already, but since I'm way over my bandwidth allocation for the month, could you please host the photo yourself.... the hot linking is getting to be so expensive that I might need to stop people linking in photos...nasty !!

Yep Mike, will do that. Editing the post now. :thumb

Keep up the good work :beerjug:

Some official specs now:

110bhp, optimized also for low revs. 178kg (HP2 Enduro is 175kg) with regular rear (Öhlins?, also front Öhlins forks?).

vis_hp_hp2megamoto_02.jpg

vis_hp_hp2megamoto_01.jpg

vis_hp_hp2megamoto_03.jpg

The first pic the wheels looked mauve (sheet quality press pic it was! and it looks ugly there), but they're acctually HP2 "offroad" BLUE as seen on official BM pics here.

The Offroad version of HP2 will remain in production as it is, just it's now complimented with the tar oriented fella, the more top end revving (110bhp) and tar oriented suspensioned MegaMoto version.

VERY sexy!!! :thumb

Finally a decent headlight and cool paint job too

I'd be tempted...If I had the money :eek:

Can't say after riding about the New Forest in the dark this week I've got any issues with the normal HP2 headlight...??? I like the retro look of it as well!

I have to say the more I look at this the more I can really consider it as my next bike! Can't wait to have a blast on one. Its like a R1200S but the riding position of the 1200GS - perfect! :thumb

Probably loads better on a track than a GS too with the smaller wheels and better ground clearance. :cool:

Does anyone know if the tank capcity is the same as te current HP2? Could be a major drawback.

Any idea what the options are for luggage...are there any panniers as such for the HP2?

Any idea what the options are for luggage...are there any panniers as such for the HP2?[/QUOTE]

There will be :rolleyes:

Vern said:
Any idea what the options are for luggage...are there any panniers as such for the HP2?

There will be :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

keep us posted! :thumb

What sort of mileage to get out of your tank?

I'm only getting 90-100 miles out of the tank....but they are fun miles....

I've never ran mine dry yet,but over 130 taking it easy,and less than 80,errr,not taking it easy,if you know what I mean,on a very long private road that has been tarmaced over with a public road :rolleyes:

Stoney said:
I

YES!!

Touratech was working on these for some time now. I saw some unofficial prototypes a few months back. Surprised it took this long for pictures to turn up.

Jesse Luggage has a "TBA" on his site for the HP2. I called back in June and he said fall/winter 2006.

Hepco & Becker has panniers available right now. I have not been able to find them on the H&B site but just check any Wunderlich distributor and you will be able to order them.
I am 100% certain of this as I have had them on my HP2 for several weeks now!! The rails are standard H&B tubing which will fit all H&B cases. I have the Gobi cases attached.

Other brands of cases can be used simply by purchasing the correct tubing diameter "Pucks" from Touratech.

Bario

Quite a lot of the Wunderlich HP2 accessories aren't available until next year either - their ergonomic seat, boxer boost cams and wavey discs being 3 parts I couldn't get hold of.

Their luggage rack is in stock though and you can fly to Hahn in Germany with Ryan air for 79p each way ( around £30 after taxes though... ), rent a car for £30 and return with your parts the same day. It saved me £200 on Wunderlich's UK prices doing this! Note that from November 2006, Ryanair are dropping their weight limit from 20kg to 15kg.

That is a really nice bike.Praps I could keep the GS and get one of these for messing about on.Niiiice :thumb :clap :bounce1 :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom