Afternoon distraction !

G.C.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was working away quite happily when in walked Floyd for a bite of lunch. He was out and about on his spanking new R1200GSA, nice bike Floyd. :thumb
I was looking forward to a few hours of paperwork :eek: and today the sun was out, Floyd was in no rush to get home, bit of a no brainer really.

101531450-L.jpg

101531452-L.jpg

101531455-L.jpg

101531458-L.jpg

Thanks for the distraction Floyd. :cool:
101531470-L.jpg

It was even sunnier and more scenic in Methil :(

Looks like yiz had a guid ane :thumb

who's a naughty boy then?

nice pics and envious of such good weather BUT the front end of a certain 1150 seems to have a particularly shiny tyre.
Ok maybe was a bit wet from somewhere?lol.
which box carried the kitchen sink?

Yes, Ill have a word with myself. My next trip on the bike is to get new tyres, F&B. The track was muddy on a few stretches and I was jealous of Floyds TKC`s. My front end felt particularly vague :eek: The luggage was still on from last weeks trip to Inverness, it really was a impromptu wee ride.

Is that Humvees previous bike?

Yes Taff it is, if he looks at these pictures, well, tell him Ill give it a good clean in the next few days, honest. :eek:

Enjoyed those pics G.C. :)

Aint it funny how Scottish Mountain pics always give me a wee lift. :D

Now where's that ferry timetable.

Edit (Oops ... should have said lovely bikes too :eek: :D )

Many thanks Gordon for a great afternoon. Fantastic lunch at The Lochy(plug) :clap was in more need of a sleep due to the huge portions, than a run over the hills , through the glens and over the water :D Looking forward to the next time :thumb

Great pics, especially the first one :thumb ... I'm not jealous :spitfire

Great pics, as usual. I've said this before & I'll say it again, I can't believe what you've got for a playground, if I had that out my back door I would'nt get any work done, at all.

I recognize the background in that first pic, that road take's you to Mallaig, look's like I got to wait till next year for another fish supper. :(

;)

A good job you went yesterday, you'd need a dry suit (and the new tyres) if you tried it today! Don't you just love West Coast weather!

Andy

Nice pics :thumb

Pic #2 - where was that taken from, exactly?

Cheers

Al :D

:thumb
Blackal said:
Nice pics :thumb

Pic #2 - where was that taken from, exactly?

Cheers

Unclassified road Between Kinlochan and Strontian (Sunart) with Loch Doilet in the background if I'm not mistaken :clap

G.C Had us up there at Easter - Real Offroading - Superb!

Ali :thumb

How's the new Bike Al?

Just Noticed.......This is my 100th Post :hogroast :tigger

Hey Alistair!

We're more accustomed to you saying: "This is my 100th pint" :beer: :beer: :D

The new bike? I wouldn't know.............I've only done 120 miles on it, all of them on knobblies. Putting it in next week for Tourances and may take it up to Poolewe the following weekend. It was a bit daunting at first (and still is, to be honest) so I need to get some miles in on it.

Hoping for good weather at the weekend, as I'm not home until tomorrow.

'hearing from ya,

Twas a bit quicker with just the two of us, just over 2 hours with 3 stops and no waiting in the rain under a tree :D
Been proper rain since then, non stop which means Ive caught up with the paperwork.
64969496-M.jpg

Floyd and I spotted another track that will require further investigation. Yea ha.
Not getting on with the Knobblies Al ?

I wobbled along for a couple of hundred yards thinking "Feck! I'll have to take this bike back!" The bike seemed to "float" around on tarmac (bear in mind that I'd never ridden a 1200GS, never mind an Adv).

I think the back tyre could be a bit flatted, and found the low speed to be a bit disconcerting, but once on the move at a decent clip - it handled the bendy bits allright. I'll see how I get on with the Tourances and return to the knobblies if I need to (not required for Sainsburys car park, I guess)

Oi G.C. AVE SPENT MAIR IN YIR BOOZER THAN HIM:rob

Yiv no taken me up there:ymca

Back
Top Bottom