Touratech Tank Bag - Help!!

Finney

Hello to everyone,

After reading the various threads concerning tank bags, I've spent the wife's hard earned cash on a Touratech Tank Bag 01-055-1060. This is the basic model (not the wife) coming with base plate, map case and rucksack straps and that was all - no instructions - and Touratech closed for the day.

Being simple of mind and weak of limb, I am struggling to see how the base plate attaches to the tank with such short straps (about 20 inches). Have looked in the Touratech catalogue, but the small pictures do not give enough detail, I understand that the aluminium clips attach to the front rim of the tank and there are straps that go through the snap buckles - but how do you assemble the whole lot onto the bike - straps aren't long enough at the front of the base plate to fix around steering column. If the hole in the base plate is designed to give you some idea of where to cut out for the filler cap, it is then positioned too high on the tank for the straps at the rear of the base plate to attach to the frame!

Please help before teenage son works it out, causing much embarrassment.

Finney

The base plate goes under the front of the seat with the 2 straps under the subframe bars by the airbox. The clip fastners at the back of the bac pop into the 2 buckles on the base section, init!
The 2 metal bits go onto the front lip of the tank. Use 2 protectors!!!
A picture would paint a thousand words but I've no digi camera...
All the best,
Pat.

Pat,
Thanks for your help, I understand what you say.

So the hole in the base plate is just a red herring and what do I do with the two straps at the front of the base plate - do I thread the aluminium clips through them - so that when the bag is off the bike, the base plate is loose at the front - if you see what I mean.

I will fit it all together tonight (again) and do as you have told me, a pity 'cos the quality of bag is v. good, let down by poor customer service.

Finney.

Finney,
The straps, 4 in total, 2 long loop under the subframe and to the bag by the clips. The base plate sticks up at the front of the seat with about 100mm protruding (the hole is to allow the wire to the air temp sensor access to the airbox cover) and the 2 plastic catches ready to clip to the bag.
At the front of the bag 2 straps hook onto the tank.
2 more straps act as a rucksack attachment when off the bike.
If still confused call on 07796130343.
All the best,
Pat.

Back
Top Bottom