Fuel consumption.....Ahem

Vern

Toy maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
On Friday night,going to my girlfriends place(about 110miles) I filled the bike up with petrol after about 30miles,set the trip,and started to misbehave a little bit :rolleyes:

The fuel light came on at 63miles,and I had 82miles on the trip when I got there 1hr 10 mins later.Enjoyed that I thought,and didn't give it a second thought untill I filled the bike up again on Monday,with,wait for it........................14.7Ltrs :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rode home at a more sedate pace,and it's back to about 10miles per Ltr

Was I doing something wrong,or has the tank got an intermittent leak?

Maybe something to do with the nut that holds the handlebars :rolleyes: :D :thumb

Shep

14.7 litres??? The petrol station must have a dodgy pump - it happened to me once in a Vauxhall Cavalier - I managed to fit 72 litres into a
its 60 litre fuel tank. Unfortunately I was in France, so got nowhere with the explenation to the pump attendent. Call in the weights & measures department from the garages local council to get it checked...

Vern said:
On Friday night,going to my girlfriends place(about 110miles) I filled the bike up with petrol after about 30miles,set the trip,and started to misbehave a little bit :rolleyes:

The fuel light came on at 63miles,and I had 82miles on the trip when I got there 1hr 10 mins later.Enjoyed that I thought,and didn't give it a second thought untill I filled the bike up again on Monday,with,wait for it........................14.7Ltrs :eek: :eek: :eek:

You can have "fun" on your HP, on a full tank and get up to 120 miles (on tarmac)... depending on your agressiveness.... but when you're on a maxed out "fun" mode :p :p expect no more than 100 miles before the yellow triangle starts to blink

14.7 Lt

Vern said:

last sunday on the way back from the Charity run , I ran out of Fuel Again (3rd time) pushed the machine into Glanmire petrol station and got 13.03 Lt in some one is having you on

Gunner

It's beginning to look like a dodgy fuel pump at the petrol station then!I've never ran the bike dry yet(will do this afternoon though)and always thought 13ltrs was a tankful,like Phil says,but when I put that much in,I thought it must be 13ltrs+ reserve.

I'm off to confirm my suspicions,will report back :thumb

The results.......

Strapped 10lts on the back and went out riding.The bike ground to a halt at 140.2 miles.Emptied the 10lts in,then rode to a garage 2.2miles away,and filled up with 3.39lts.

So Mr Tickle,head of the class,as I can't think of anything else it could be now.

Trading standards are going to have to pay a visit to the nice garage now I think.The only problem I've got,is I haven't got a receipt and I payed cash,but if the pumps wrong,they'll get fried for it anyway I hope.Twats.

I told a couple of people about it this afternoon,and a couple of them raised an eyebrow about it.Do you have any idea if it's a widespread problem at all?

motomartin said:
110 miles ! was it good ? :D

Every weekend it's good :thumb

The garage is the Elf station(I think) on Kings road,Higher Bebington,Wirral.

I've just talked to the other half,and it seems some of her friends have thought they put a lot of petrol in their cars at the same garage!!

Trading standards people tomorrow :spitfire

when does your fuel light come on?

mine seems to come on about 78 miles with mainly town and motorway work? :nenau

Mine don't come on at all :rolleyes:

Quite pleased - nothing worse than the warning triangle and message flashing for 50 miles, which is nearly half a tank.

Wont be getting it fixed.

My fuel light comes on normally at about 90 miles,but it was having a right old thrashing the other night.If you keep it above 100mph it doesn't half drink it

117.3 miles and its empty,dont ask me how i know :(

bloody heavy to push :)

Back
Top Bottom