Any fellow 1200GS owners in Ipswich?

IluvmyGS

Reaction score
Hi there

I'm in Ipswich and owned my fab Yellow R1200GS for almost 2 months now :D

Is there anyone else here from Ipswich or very near to??

Cheers

Shirley :beerjug:

Hello

Hello Shirley and hubby. I'm in Colchester and i see a few others about. There seems to be an obsession about what colour of GS you have. Red is the obviouse choice. I was told they go faster. Gonna try mine round Foxhall one day. that would be fun. :thumb

Orange

Hi Shirley,

I'm another 1200 rider ( The very cool yellow/black combo).... I live about an hour from Ipswich.

We are having a social night tonight at the Green Man at Methwold Hythe you and hubby would be more than welcome to join us.

The Green Man at Methwold Hythe which is near Feltwell on the outskirts of deep Banjo country. Its on the B1112 which meets the A134 at Northwold
Comes highly recommended with proper home cooked meals, local beers and very friendly staff.

All welcome on any bike or car for that matter.
We usually turf up at about 7.30. Each month its the 3rd Thursday and we move the venue around the area. Keep an eye on East Anglia section its usually posted there.

Hope to see you both soon.

Lynne x

custard tart said:
Hi Shirley,

I'm another 1200 rider ( The very cool yellow/black combo).... I live about an hour from Ipswich.

We are having a social night tonight at the Green Man at Methwold Hythe you and hubby would be more than welcome to join us.

The Green Man at Methwold Hythe which is near Feltwell on the outskirts of deep Banjo country. Its on the B1112 which meets the A134 at Northwold
Comes highly recommended with proper home cooked meals, local beers and very friendly staff.

All welcome on any bike or car for that matter.
We usually turf up at about 7.30. Each month its the 3rd Thursday and we move the venue around the area. Keep an eye on East Anglia section its usually posted there.

Hope to see you both soon.

Lynne x

Hi Lynne

Thank you very much for the invite, but it's a tad short notice this time round.

Also, our yellow labrador had to have a lump removed off his leg today, so we need to stay home and keep an eye on him, he's very unhappy at the moment :(

Hopefully, we can make it to another meet in the not too distant future :)

Have a good time tonight, and have a pint for me :beerjug:

Shirley

New boy.... be gentle

Got myself a stonking great big adventure 3 months ago, still like a dog with the preverbial. Wanted to do this for ages, can't quite work out what took me so long to get around to it, at least I have now!.

So, what goes on in the suffolk forum?.

Gunny :beer:

Gunny said:
Got myself a stonking great big adventure 3 months ago, still like a dog with the preverbial. Wanted to do this for ages, can't quite work out what took me so long to get around to it, at least I have now!.

So, what goes on in the suffolk forum?.

Gunny :beer:

Hi Gunny

So, you are in Ipswich eh?

I'll have to keep an eye out for you :D I'm in Ipswich too.

Glad you like your Adventure . . . . .I still feel the same about my R1200GS :D I love mine to bits - trying to convince hubby that he really shoud trade in his DL1000 V-Strom and get a BMWA :D

See you around perhaps?

Cheers

Houston .... we have contact

Hi Shirley,

To be absolutely geographically precise I live in Combs Village just ouitside Stowmarket, or Stow-martian as some like to call it.

So how healthy is it in the East?, there seem to be quite a few members and the sense of humour is right up my street.

Do you have an annual bash?

What would you recommend for the calendar next year as a "do not miss" event for a new GS anorak (commonly known as Tosser's it would appear.....lol :hapybnce: )

I saw that 1 or 2 were trying to arrange a cheeky pint, I'd be up for that!.

Gunny. :beer:

Gunny said:
Hi Shirley,

To be absolutely geographically precise I live in Combs Village just ouitside Stowmarket, or Stow-martian as some like to call it.

So how healthy is it in the East?, there seem to be quite a few members and the sense of humour is right up my street.

Do you have an annual bash?

What would you recommend for the calendar next year as a "do not miss" event for a new GS anorak (commonly known as Tosser's it would appear.....lol :hapybnce: )

I saw that 1 or 2 were trying to arrange a cheeky pint, I'd be up for that!.

Gunny. :beer:

Hi Gunny

I'm new here myself - I only joined a couple of weeks ago, so I'm afraid I can't answer your questions :rolleyes:

I'm sure, however, that one of the more longer serving members who read your post will be able to answer them :)

I was so pleased when I found this site too :D I am a total GS anorak myself . . . I grin from ear to ear each time I look at my bike, I still can't believe I've got one.

Stowmarket isn't that far away :) I was at the NHS training place a couple of fridays ago on Voilet Hill?? or whatever it's called.

I'm sure we'll all get to meet at some point at a forth coming event :D

Cheers :beerjug:

Shirley

One junior to another

Hi Shirley,

Glad I'm not the only one that seems to have the bug. Hoping that someone will give me some details, although the messgae threads have been of help, totally concur with yourself regarding the Web site, top banana...!. :bow

Next time I see a GS coming the other way I'm going to hail them down for a chat, who know's it might be you.

Enjoy your bike.

Gunny :thumb

Hi All, I'm in Woodbridge and been on this site for a few months now; also, for Sleepy's info, I've been a member of the IAM group for about 5 yrs now. :thumb

There doesn't seem to be a 'local' UKGSer set up to our part of East Anglia but someone with the name Abelrider seems to organise a few rides starting from Mildenhall area. No reason why we can't arrange a ride out or bimble round the area ourselves; all depends what people want. :D
I was out this afternoon on remote backroads - great but slippy from tractors :eek: and hard to see with blinding low sun :cool: ! Still, beats working!! :nod. I can make mid-week runs or, with planning, the odd weekend. :clap

lynck49 said:
Hi All, I'm in Woodbridge and been on this site for a few months now; also, for Sleepy's info, I've been a member of the IAM group for about 5 yrs now. :thumb

There doesn't seem to be a 'local' UKGSer set up to our part of East Anglia but someone with the name Abelrider seems to organise a few rides starting from Mildenhall area. No reason why we can't arrange a ride out or bimble round the area ourselves; all depends what people want. :D
I was out this afternoon on remote backroads - great but slippy from tractors :eek: and hard to see with blinding low sun :cool: ! Still, beats working!! :nod. I can make mid-week runs or, with planning, the odd weekend. :clap

Hi Lynck49

What a fab site this is . . .all these GS owners creeping out of the woodwork! :thumb I have seen only one GS rider in Ipswich and they didn't acknowledge me when we passed each other :( they were on a granite/silver GS.

Hubby and I have been thinking for a while about going to Suffolk Advanced Motorcyclists . . . hubby knows Bruce Monaghan of old (we bumped into him at Orwells a couple of weeks back) do you know Bruce?

What GS do you own? I'll have to keep a look out for you :thumb

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom