Oiled my chain today

Tobers

Reaction score
Took 5 minutes.

That means if I oil my chain 8064 times I'll have spent the same amount of time doing that as I spent waiting for a new clutch for my R1200GS.

:D

Bollocks with that chain oiling lark, last time I had a chain driven bike a Scottoiler was fitted & I didn`t have to oil it or adjust it for 10k miles :thumb

screen

any bright ideas for improving the 950 screen, (i dont have any serious problems and i have the tt lip but i was curious to what a guy like tobers thought)

The Foolish Fellow said:
any bright ideas for improving the 950 screen, (i dont have any serious problems and i have the tt lip but i was curious to what a guy like tobers thought)

I've been looking into it - it's more difficult than the GSs as the screen is more integrated into the front end of the bike. Current ploy is to make a gap between the screen and the bulkhead using some rubber washer thingys. The idea is to get some air behind the screen to cancel out the vacuum. This should be do-able without any mods to the screen.

New screens are £16 or something silly, so some serious Dremel-action is also likely.

How about cutting a rectangular hole in the screen, just above the level of the instrument cluster?

Although, personally, I find the screen OK.

I'm sure Tobers can work out a non destructive solution though!

The Foolish Fellow said:

Trade bike for BMW 1200gs.............. job done :clap

How about cutting a rectangular hole in the screen, just above the level of the instrument cluster?

Although, personally, I find the screen OK.

I'm sure Tobers can work out a non destructive solution though!

Well Tobers did you? I'd be really interested because whilst I don't have a problem with buffeting, that is one seriously, unpleasently, noisy screen. As you live nearby prehaps we could pool our resources and do some investigating?

Back
Top Bottom