MapSource Update....

Dutchman

Reaction score
For those currently running Garmin MapSource software Version 4.13 they have released, on 20th June 2003, Version 5.02Beta, which consists of some 73 'improvements & alterations' over the earlier version.

Take a look & download from:

http://www.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=369

They appear to have addressed some of the more common gripes, including a much enhanced 'search' facility.......

I've saved the read-me file for those who want to take alook before downloading.

PM me for a copy....

Dutchman
You are the man that seems to know these things
Why is the upate suffixed BETA and will it just update my 4.13 version or is it only for the version 5's which i am still refusing to pay for?
Ta for the advice in advance
Sherpa;)

sherpa said:
Dutchman
You are the man that seems to know these things
Why is the upate suffixed BETA and will it just update my 4.13 version or is it only for the version 5's which i am still refusing to pay for?
Ta for the advice in advance
Sherpa;)

I'm assuming that this is for the base mapsource program on your computer. If so, it does not have anything to do with your "City Whatever" CD-ROM.

Never even mentioned City Whatever did i ?

Will it update 4.13 on computer and WHY is it suffixed Beta?

Sherpa;)

Beta means its a test release and though it should have all the functionality you need theres no guarantee it will work, won't crash you PC or just not do what you want it too. Use at your own risk. Mind I've started using it and ok so far, though some peops on the GPS newsgroups have reported probs.

Iain Mac

Sherpa

You did mention "version 5 which I'm refusing to pay for". I know of no other product from Garmin other than a City Select mapping data to which you could be referring.

The Mapsource update to which Dutchman has helpfully referred us is the software (ie NOT the mapping data) which you run on your PC to workout routes and upload/download map data between your PC and Garmin unit.

It will be labelled Beta because Garmin have not finished their full testing of this software upgrade and it is offered to the public on the basis that there may still be bugs in it which will only emerge from more broad-based trialling (ie the public at large).

Greg

Iian,
thanks that answers the questions - much obliged

Greg,
you're right i did mention "V5 which i'm still refusing to pay for" but NOT "City whatever" !!!!

Any road up! - I'm downloading the update at the moment so we'll see what happens when it's in use

Thanks to all for the help
Sherpa;)

There is a version 5.03Beta now.

I suppose they had to fix some bugs in the program. I had problems saving data to my GPS V with version 5.02Beta. This is fixed in version 5.03Beta

Back
Top Bottom