Any words of wisdom for a new LC4e owner??

Toad

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've decided that rather than try and much about too much with my beloved 1200GS I'd get a winter toy for some more off-road stuff.

Gonna do the Hafryn rally on Dec 10th, and decided I'd waited too long since last buying a bike so have invested in a 640 LC4 enduro.

Picking it up on Monday, and can't wait!!

BUT - Any words from the wise about things to look out for.

I am a complete numpty when it comes to mechanics so any info gratefully received!

Ta

Dan

I had one, but sadly I just did'nt gel with it at all. :(

Much prefered my DRZ-E, a lot lighter and more agile off road, plus I liked the high reving Suzuki engine, compared to the long stoke of the KTM.

I have an LC Adventure so not quite the same - all I can say is just enjoy and RTFM if you plan on changing the oil, also invest in an optimate as the batteries dont seem brilliant even with constant riding. When you get bored bung an Akro system on it do the airbox mods and rejet.

Otherwise just ride it like you stole it! - I also seem to laugh a lot when riding mine. :D

Code:
Here is mine in Supermoto trim
???????????????

Here WAS mine in supermoto trim. :D

Down to his last pushbike now,poor chap.

What you want is one of these babies........

DSCN0506.jpg

Dellis said:
What you want is one of these babies........

It is a sad day for me, just sold my mint '04 Model Berg with all the nice bits - it is due to be collected in 20 hours and 45 minutes time :( :(

:hapybnce:

All I need to do now is find a way of explaining the new purchase to SWMBO.

I think she'll notice the upturn in mood if nothing else!!!

And then when the packages of extra bits start to turn up :eek

ovenpaa said:
It is a sad day for me, just sold my mint '04 Model Berg with all the nice bits - it is due to be collected in 20 hours and 45 minutes time :( :(

Raced mine in the Norasport series and it went when I packed in. Loads of FUN :D

Dave

Dellis said:
Raced mine in the Norasport series and it went when I packed in. Loads of FUN :D

Dave
I wanted to go back and do one more year of something like NORA but my back was not up for it :( Still had loads of fun with it though. Anyway it is gone now, it played nicely right up until it went and even started first kick when the new owner came to see it.

Fair to say he rang me Saturday to tell me it had taken about 50 kicks (People just love to give the throttle a little twist when starting them!) I will stick with the LC4 for Winter work and see if the darkness still beckons next year.... :cloak

What a wonderful brace!!!

Attachments

• bikes3.jpg
    bikes3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 212
ovenpaa said:
I wanted to go back and do one more year of something like NORA but my back was not up for it :( Still had loads of fun with it though. Anyway it is gone now, it played nicely right up until it went and even started first kick when the new owner came to see it.

Fair to say he rang me Saturday to tell me it had taken about 50 kicks (People just love to give the throttle a little twist when starting them!) I will stick with the LC4 for Winter work and see if the darkness still beckons next year.... :cloak

That's a 'Berg......

.........first kick or never :D I'm getting that must have another feeling :spitfire

Dellis said:
That's a 'Berg......

.........first kick or never :D I'm getting that must have another feeling :spitfire
It is only 5 days and I miss it, wheeling to the van was like talking a loved pet for that last drive... :(

Crap picture but....

Attachments

• Berg1.JPG
    Berg1.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 200
Dellis said:
Ovenpea,

you need to stop this or I'll be off to see Dave Clarke........

:D Dave
I can still remember the telephone number - but that is mostly cos I used to ring Alex on a weekly basis - that should be enough to put you off!

"Hi Alex, I need some parts"
"No worries David - I have your card number here"

Argghhhhhhh!!

Back
Top Bottom