Got me a 950 Supermoto loan bike today

Tobers

Reaction score
I took my 950 Adv into Tri County Motorcycles in Bracknell today for a service.

Colin and Richard are terrific chaps, and they leant me one of these for the day. Non quibbling, no "sign your life away here", just "here's the key - away you go".

KTM_950_Supermoto_2.png

What an awesome ride. All the responsiveness of my 950 Adv but more - feels lighter, and much sharper handling. Brakes are awesome. Seriously good fun - and comfy too. Nice riding position, plenty of leg room, nice reach to the bars bla bla bla.

Goes like a mad crazed bull terrier - bloody fantastic.

No wind protection (no prob up to 80mph), and nowhere to stash the ipod and other bits like an Autocom. Pretty practical though - I could really see myself having one for 9 months of the year. It's the way it makes you feel that I like.

Hmmmmmmm....impressed...could trade in the Aprilia RSV? Hmmmmmm.......... :D

I hear that KTM are now throwing in 'free' Akropovic Titanium Race Pipes with all new 950 Supermotos. They must be a slow seller :rolleyes:

Bugger. Had to give it back. What a total hoot. Most fun I've had on any bike for ages (perhaps except the ZZR1400 thing that was just faster than a fast thing, but at least I'm not headed for jail this time!).

Loads of power in just the right place in the rev range - all very accessible. Yum yum yum.

Test ride recommended.

Tri-County motorcycles also have a brand new Adv990 in stock at the moment if anyone is interested.

My mate bought one lof those last month. Sounds gorgeous with the Akra cans fitted.

I’ve ridden it a few times, and yes, they should come with a ASBO warning, as you cant help but ride it like a lunatic :eek: .

Still….he cant lose me round the twisties though :thumb

67.JPG

950SM

I have one of these as well as the GSA12 ,and it's a fantastic bike!Great in town and real fun out of town.Fitted a Gel seat as it's a bit of a plank,but doesn't feel any different.These are a Hooligans bike,but yes very practical as a day to day/work bike.Clearly the GS is the Daddy for long trips but the Katooom does stimulate other parts of the Brain which is what its all about really isn't it? Give one a go!! :bow :clap :beerjug:

Soooooooo tempting........ :bow

(if only I didn't want to do my hols on the bike :confused:

Hols on the bike ...

Been an admirer of the SM for a while now. Tobers thread reignited my interest. Came across this on the KTM forum.

Cheers,

Psykol

Attachments

• KTM SM Screen.jpg
    KTM SM Screen.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 313
Have just fitted that screen to my 950SM and it makes it good for cruising at 80+. There's even a bigger one that makes a ton comfy and you can switch the two or remove in a cupla minutes. Clever.

This is possibly the most fun I have had on a bike ever (inc the ZZR14), Tobers you KNOW it makes sense mate, Aprilia or no Aprilia!

Have just fitted that screen to my 950SM and it makes it good for cruising at 80+. There's even a bigger one that makes a ton comfy and you can switch the two or remove in a cupla minutes. Clever.

This is possibly the most fun I have had on a bike ever (inc the ZZR14), Tobers you KNOW it makes sense mate, Aprilia or no Aprilia!

Hey Piglet

Can you tell me where you purchased your screen and cost/details.

thanks

Guy called Werner

pretender950@gmx.de

AAA as they say on Ebay. Two sizes, tinted and clear.

Im well happy!

Andy

ps think its the big version shown in this thread through.

Back
Top Bottom