Garmisch Weekend ?

kevin fowler

Anyone going down to Garmisch for the july 4/5/6/ weekend . I am going from Cardiff on the 2nd july crosing by tunnel and across northen France taking 2 days to get to Garmish anyone else on route ? After I am going down to Spain to Pamplona for the bull runs returning back to UK 14 th july from Bilboa on the ferry . No other set plans only to travel and have a good time . Might camp or hotel depending on availability. Pleased to hear from any other GS riders on route

kevin fowler said:
Anyone going down to Garmisch for the july 4/5/6/ weekend . I am going from Cardiff on the 2nd july crosing by tunnel and across northen France taking 2 days to get to Garmish anyone else on route ? After I am going down to Spain to Pamplona for the bull runs returning back to UK 14 th july from Bilboa on the ferry . No other set plans only to travel and have a good time . Might camp or hotel depending on availability. Pleased to hear from any other GS riders on route

I'm still trying to convince my wife to let me go :rolleyes:

We're off to Amsterdam this saterday, and have done 10,000 kms over 4 weeks, so she says "enough is enough". She just bought her own bike, and has done 36 kms, and that was 2 weeks ago. So next week she wants to ride her own bike around Normandy..... so I'm working on it !!! Would love to attend.

Kevin, would have loved to have gone, working and it coincides with the village charity starw bale carry up hill and down dale drinking loads of beer etc etc.
Maybe a club ride out to it next year??

Garnisch Weekend

Met Kevin down at Garnisch, absolutely bloody fantastic, estimated 25000 BMWS in attendance, I have never seen anything like it!! Facilities were top notch, free camping on site, clean showers and proper loos!! food and drink at realistic prices and all the entertainment you could handle. I will be penciling in this one for next year, as I have just got home today after 6000 miles around Europe and the time of my life. Some of the best roads in Austria and Bavaria plus some outstanding scenery in the Alsace on the way home. Thanks to all I met along the way, Bilko who stayed with me on the road for a week, Bill the techie from fords who we met at Motocamp in the Dordoigne (sound guy)
great campsite, Dan, Chris and Nigel who I met at RAFS event in Belgium, thanx for the loan of the bedroll Dan, will be dropping it back shortly!!, three also sound guys and the friendly bikers along the way who stopped for a chat. Best of all thanks to the "mule" aka my well loaded GS850 which didnt miss a beat the whole trip and now needs a well deserved service, also the crew at BMW insurance who dealt swiftly with my medical problems and my hospital bill after insect bites in Innsbruck left me unable to get my boot on, great service, well worth the money!!!

Best 6 weeks i have ever had!!!

Welcome home big guy !

I bet uve missed the "Gatso's" and the rain, expensive fuel, and of course all the road works ! :moped:

cu soon.

Bilks. :)

PHOTOS

Hope to post some good photos from the trip as soon as film is back from developers.....

Hi Wogzie. I can see that you have arrived home OK . I had a great couple of weeks after leaving you in Garmisch . The roads in Austria and Switzerland are some of the best. people in Austria are much warmer than Switzerland. Ended up crossing southern France and on into Spain and the rain gods stayed asleep . I ended up with a wasp sting inside my Crash hat on the way home near Swindon resulting in a visit to the Dr's and 3 days off work . Give me a call some time only 10 mins from Cardiff city center . KEV

Back
Top Bottom