Pyramid Rear Huggers

MIKE R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bought a Pyramid rear hugger from Motorworks a couple of weeks ago for the 1150. £105 for a bit of plastic is very expensive (I found out about the Pyramid seconds 3 days later), but hell, if it does the job!

When I came to fit it, it looked flimsy compared to the one I fitted to my 1100 and the pre-modified (ie catch the mudguard) older model fitted to a friends 1150.

Less than 200 miles later and its chipped on the rear edge. Only a small chip, but a chip nevertheless. At this price it shouldn't do that. Either the hugger is not long enough and it's catching stones from the original apology for a mudguard or the plastic isn't strong enough!

Eventually, heres the main point of this thread. When I took it off for inspection, the original fitment tyre had been catching on the main stay to the brake caliper and the bottom section by the swinging arm (remember this damage was in less than 200 miles). Although there was a satisfactory gap when stationary, I think the flimsy hugger was flexing on the move. Those nice people at Motorworkshave refunded my money and are contacting Pyramid. If you have a hugger, CHECK IT.

Mike R

:(

Hi Mike,

I've been following the various threads about huggers for a while now. Are you sure the one you got from Motorworks was the "new improved" version - how are they different?
Have you investigated any of the other types available?
Has anyone got anything to say about the model available from MPS?

Hi

The main difference between the old and modified hugger is that the new one is smaller! All they have done is to cut a section off where it was catching.

I suspect the new, modified one I returned was faulty. I have since seen other Pyramid huggers and they seem far more substantially built. As I originally said, mine was very flimsy and would move about quite easily.

I have now given up th idea of a hugger as a bad job and have not investigated any others.

Mike R

Back
Top Bottom