Fitted a 'beak'

judge said;
Still a girls bike though
:upyou :upyou :upyou :upyou

We now need an avatar for someone picking up their handbag and going "Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!"

Us 650 riders have to keep together Kenny :D

Jon said:
:upyou :upyou :upyou :upyou

We now need an avatar for someone picking up their handbag and going "Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!"

Us 650 riders have to keep together Kenny :D
Fair play Jon, not that I believe for a second you'd join this bright red thing for a ride and we'll mention nothing of you looking for an 1150GS shall we ;)

No one told me it was R E D

Argh !

Kenny ! :nono :nono :nono :nono

Judge said: we'll mention nothing of you looking for an 1150GS shall we
As you'll have seen last night, the bank raid was NOT successful, so I had to resort to a 2nd hand Dakar instead................

Re: Re: Fitted a 'beak'

judge said:
Still a girls bike though :D

watch it big boy!!! (so you may believe)

its not what you've got, it's what you do with it!!!

i regularly meet and beat at last 2 different 1150 gs's through the morning traffic around Leicester (no bottle in narrow spaces!)

by the way... what's a beak??

marion_costin said;
by the way... what's a beak??

It the extra bit that the Dakars have on them

Attachments

• bmw_gs650dakar_john1.jpg
    bmw_gs650dakar_john1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 442
Which you can aslo buy for not a lot from BMW and fit to a normal GS. Add the lower front mudguard and you have a baby 1150......aaah!

Attachments

• bmw_gs650_bob1.jpg
    bmw_gs650_bob1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 448
Jon said:
Add the lower front mudguard and you have a baby 1150......aaah!

thanks for the info

does it make it go faster/ handle better?
is it a sun visor for the front tyre?

or is it something you blokes need to do to make things appear bigger? :goof

How much was the 'beak', and was it just a case of drilling holes in the original mudguard to fit it?

Gavin,

It was dead cheap - the lower front mudguard is about a tenner, so probably that at the most.

You will need to drill four holes in your mudguard to fit it, but it's dead easy to fit. The Dakars mudguard is exactly the same, so if you see one of them, have a good look.

Marion - Purely cosmetic I'm sure, but when's that EVER stopped a girly before :rolleyes:

I'm sorry I mentioned it now !!!!;)

Judge, your dead meat when I next meet you ( unless you send a pint my way!!!)

Timogra...I expected nothless from you - :D

Now...it is a masculine red......well sort of.....if you use your imagination !!!

So, I have fitted a beak ( thankyou Marion for the sexist comment;) )....have now fitted a rear brake protector, chain-guard, BMW panniers ( 15 minutes flat to fit!!) taller screen, padded bar....lip-stick holder etc etc...if you beg me...I may may show some pics...but only if you beg HARD !!!

Judge..stay off this masculine page please....Tim, I know where you live and where you go in N.W. Scotland..watch out !!!

Honest kenny

sorry about the sexist comment kenny
just trying to even up the balance xxxx

?? ??
A girls bike is little and pink?
A boys bike is big and black?
?? ??

So that's why you can't find a small pink electric shaver in the store?
Or a big black iron?

Is it proper to use the word ''bullshit'' now?!

And I have a question for you boys:
To cook is a womans job at home, but the best cook in a restaurant is wery often a .... MAN! Why?

I know 6 persions who are riding a Scarver, and only one is a girl. You know who that girl is, don't you?
;)

:beerjug: Cheers to you all!
Liv.:)

Whats the benefit? Paul W reckons they can rub the tyre if you get a big dive.

Whats the benefit? Paul W reckons they can rub the tyre if you get a big dive.

The benefit is while it's mainly cosmetic, it does stop some of the shit coming up off the front wheel.

I never had it happen on the GS I had it fitted to, despite having a few BIG dives when I first had the bike & wasn't used to the brakes (or lack of when you're doing 90 on a motorway :D).

It doesn't extend over the std beak that much if you look underneath. Most of it sits over the top of the normal mudguard/fender.

Back
Top Bottom