• Bus

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Train

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Any other BMW

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters

pragmatix

Just got a cs scarver as a courtesy bike and found it bloody aweful, goes round corners and stops ok but for a 65 mile trip home it was uncomfortable and very vibey, given the choice I would go for the bus, thats how much I hate it, The 650 gs on the other hand is comfy and a bit vibey

I should add that my normal mount is a 1100Gs and i am drunk in charge of a pc, in fact the sooner im in a home the better, at least my bum will have a chance to recover:p its been a long time since I have stopped 3 times in 65 miles i think the last time was on a C15 and only then cos the ignition kept slipping.

Pete A:beer: :beerjug: :beer:
Still not recovered from the trip home

I used to enjoy my little forays on the courtesy bike at service
time, always on a F650 gs or Funduro cracking bikes and excellent fun.
That's until they put a cs scarver key in my little mits :rolleyes:
Absoloute dollop, never again i'll take the bus it's faster :p

I cannot comment about its suitability for a 65 mile commute but I found the scarver to be excellent for short intra city trips when given one for a coupe of days by Rydale in Cardiff.

I could squeeze through gaps in the narrow streets of Cardiff that the GS would never get through. Low gearing means it's nippy away from lights.

Suspension is a bit crap over bumps - went over some ripples and nearly got launced into orbit.

Although, at 5 grand it is very expensive when compared to other bikes/scooters that would be equally good in town.

(Sniffle)

You silly boys!
I love my Scarver! Yes I do!

I will NOT listen to you!:mad:

Liv.

what's a bus ???

I'm not really very knowledgeable on this public transport thing - give me a bike, any bike, every time

f**k public transport. LRT are the reason why I bought a bike - anything with two wheels and an engine, GS, C90 and yes even a scarver (although I am not convinced about the BMW Rider equipment that Liv is displaying).

I am communting on my 1978 R100RS at the moment and it beats, the metro any day.

Attach file?

..or what ever you call it:
:confused:
I'd like to post a picture of my special Scarver helmet, but how do I do that?

The line ''attach file'' is gone from the post replay-letter!

:nenau :help Liv.

I had the use of an F650CS when having my bike serviced, and like you I found it horrible.

It had less than 5,000miles on the clock, so it didn't have the excuse of being an old nail - even if it did go like one.

I had one too....a hateful little bike.

It seems to be the trend these days though, I took the SLK in for a service the other week and got a little A class!

:shoot:

Ok, I admit it - I ride a Scarver and, like Liv, I actually love the thing. Having ridden a couple of GSs as loaners while my K1100LT (not sold) was being serviced I knew that a CS would suit me better. (I would also like to own an F650GS as well, BTW, so maybe I'm not as biased as some!!)

The CS is very good for 500 mile days with just fuel breaks and meal stops, and it performs and handles very well. It's also easy to customise it to suit your own physique (I'm 6'7'' tall yet the CS is more comfortable for me than the GS). The belt drive is ace (much smoother than a chain - trust me).

For offroad use, it'd have to be a GS. These things rock.

Let's agree on something - the F650 family is pretty sound. No need for us to start comparing w*llie sizes (can I say that?)

This is an interesting forum - glad I joined.

Cheers.

I just saw "What a girl wants" on the plane on the way home from USA. The Scarver features very heavily at the centre of the plot. Somehow the girlie nature of the film seems to match the bike pretty well :D - although I have ridden one as a loaner from Bath Road BMW and I quite enjoyed it.

Mike

I was delighted to be offered a courtesy scarver. But then, previously, I had been given a :eek::eek::eek::eek:ing Honda Dullville, which is the very worst piece of godforsaken crap I have ever had the misfortune to ride.

lol....always amusing when a blast from the past thread pops up again!!!

:D

Fanum said:
lol....always amusing when a blast from the past thread pops up again!!!
:D

Certainly is, 2003 when I first posted that :)

Pete A:beerjug: :beer:

1200GS in for first service yesterday (what a bike!!!!!!!!!).

650CS as loan bike for 100 mile return trip and it was OK. Bit vibey, but great in town and like someone said, nioppy away from the lights. Dead easy to jump off and on (unlike the GS for people like me with ittle legs - you get used to climbing on with the bike on its side stand and it's worth it!).

Yeh OK - but wouldn't buy a ne one!

Would you choose to have an interesting life, or an easy one?

Kropotkin said:
But then, previously, I had been given a :eek::eek::eek::eek:ing Honda Dullville, which is the very worst piece of godforsaken crap I have ever had the misfortune to ride.
A Honda Deauville rider pulls up at the Severn Bridge toll booths.
"That'll be £4 please sir".
"You have yourself a deal!"

I has a cs as my first big bike a couple of years ago, and i loved it.

Brilliant hadling, the footpegs and my boots were knackered though:D

I used to ride it to Devon along the m'ways quite often too, and no probs.

I even quite like the look of it:duck:

Back
Top Bottom