Aerostitch suits 2

earthmover

opinionated, me?
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After much discussion and deliberation here http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83988&highlight=aerostitch

I took the plunge and ordered one. It arrived last week, £438 for the suit, £98 customs clearance :spitfire
Seems very well put together, plenty of features, armour all in the right places etc.
Putting it on is a doddle over normal clothes, felt a little restrictive because of the stiffness of the material and the full length zips.
First ride was on the Sunday, dry and cool, with a touch of drizzle towards the end. My legs felt cold, as did the inside of my elbows, but I was only wearing thin jeans and a long sleeved T-shirt underneath. Next trip was to the Windmill on Tuesday night, with a micro fleece over a T-shirt this time. Arms were much better, but my legs still felt cold. It did drop below freezing that night though!
Today I took the bike in for service, and it hissed it down all the way. Slight water leak at the crotch, only noticed when I took the suit off, so still feeling warm and dry. Whether I hadn't secured the inside flap or not, I don't know, but after two hours on the bike I was comfortable, just embarassed walking round the office looking like I'd wet myself.
Reasonably pleased up to press, will update next time I get wet!
Mark

earthmover said:
. Slight water leak at the crotch, only noticed when I took the suit off, so still feeling warm and dry. Whether I hadn't secured the inside flap or not,
Mark

The suits have a habit of folding up and forming a "gutter" (especially when new), that holds the water, which then can work it's way through the opening. Make sure the suit is flat in the "lower" area, and you shouldn't have a problem .

I've done 20k miles in mine and not a drop a water got through apart from the big hole at the top of jacket - note to self: do up nec flap properly.

Wet Crotch

Were you not wet cos of Rushy throwing the drinks across the table.

You always have walked as if you have a wet crutch. :thumb

zapada said:
You always have walked as if you have a wet crutch. :thumb

:hapybnce:
I'm so going to get you back for that Malc, when I can think of something suitable. Is your helmet still sticky by the way?
Mark

Now, now boys,
Thats getting a bit personal isn't it. Not good form to ask a fellow if he's got a sticky helmet
Matt

Sticky helmet

It is OK Matt, I know him quite well - really well :D

earthmover said:
After much discussion and deliberation here http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83988&highlight=aerostitch
. Slight water leak at the crotch, only noticed when I took the suit off, so still feeling warm and dry. Whether I hadn't secured the inside flap or not, I don't know, but after two hours on the bike I was comfortable, just embarassed walking round the office looking like I'd wet myself.
Reasonably pleased up to press, will update next time I get wet!
Mark

Yes, mine does this too, no matter how hard I have tried to stop the creasing in that area, I still end up with a wet crotch! :spitfire

That said, Aerostich themselves say that this is an area where ingress of water may occur, but the suit itself is absolutelt ace!!! :thumb

Back
Top Bottom