DRZ chain & sprocket kit. M&P bargain.

Timpo

North Wales TRF
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Once I have got tomorrow's trail ride out of the way, my DRZ is getting a coat of looking at. Priced a chain and sprocket kit locally and it came in at £85.
Thought I would try M&P in Swansea, clicked on the website but my bike (DRZ400 enduro version) was not listed. So, I sent in an enquiry and got an email reply soon enough.
The price was £59 plus postage. With a spare split link, to my front door £66.
Nearly £20 cheaper than any local supplier, that's an afternoon session at The Swan.
I have new tyres, these sprockets, an oil change and a new spark plug, the thing will be like a new one... erm, maybe not, as she is looking a bit dog-eared now. I wonder if Sarah Teach will get me a new one for Crimbo?
Dream on Timpo.
T.

I hate to piss on your chips, but I pay £9 for a new chain and then throw it away after a few rides!

:rolleyes:

Greg

Greg Masters said:
I hate to piss on your chips, but I pay £9 for a new chain and then throw it away after a few rides!

:rolleyes:

Greg

I throw mine away after a few rides, but I have never found one for £9.00.
Are you going to let us in on this secret?
Mark

Check out eBay item 320046561802.

I now go directly to the vendor and collect a handful of new chains from him at £9 or so a pop. It's perhaps easier for me as I work in central London and can relatively easily get to his home.

If you're intested, send him a message and he should do a deal on postage for multiple purchases. Feel free to mention my name.

He's a straightforward guy who trades these parts to finance his own off-roading. I just wish I knew where he gets them from!!

Greg

58_2.JPG

True enough

Greg Masters said:

Fair comment Greg, a real bargain.
But I have to take into consideration the out come of using what I suspect is industrial spec chain, which I have access to FOC at work.
A broken chain, say in the middle of Pigyn Ysgob, would surely cost you another day as the bike would have to be man handle down to a point where my LR would stopped on the lane.
A broken chain more often than not doesn't just snap and fall to the ground. The have a tendancy to whip a piece out of the gearbox casing. And endless chain doesn't behave like an ended chain at speed.
Wales is a fairly moist place at the best of time, and the 'o'rings keep as much lube in the link and water out usually for a dozen or so decent ride-outs.
A little 'cost benefit analysis' using the above which I have first hand experience of, against your true bargain £9 chain and I will stick with my purchased.
Best of luck with it though. :thumb
Regards.
Timpo

Back
Top Bottom