Invitation

Dennis the Menace

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

I am the Treasurer of Yorkshire Section BMW Club, on their forum there is a thread doing the rounds, on BMW Club members accepting club members arriving on bikes other than BMW.

A guy from the North East who is a member of the GS Club, has commented that the BMW Club should be inviting GS members to BMW events. As I am a member of the GS Club I don't want to be seen as pushing the BMW Club on your site.

There is an open invitation to anyone on two wheels to attend the Yorkshire Section first Sunday in the month meet at Cracoe Village Hall 12.00 - 14.00pm. Just off Skipton to Grassington Road B6265.

There is usually, a wide selection of bikes in the bike park, including vintage bikes if they are having a run round they usually call in for a bacon butty and a cup of tea.

We don't stand on ceremony, everyone welcome.

I am posting this invitation to North, North West, Yorkshire and Peak District areas.

Moderators, if this isn't acceptable please delete.

kind regards

Food's good too

Two mugs of Tea, Bacon Roll and Jam Roly Poly & Custard .............all for £3

Friendly bunch :thumb

Nice deep gravel car park too for some very GS like antics and a bit of off-roading :D

Hello Dennis,

I too would like to see less distinction between marques of motorcycle. I like to nod at all I pass, and about half nod back, just about all the GS riders nod back of course.

I only have one question... how did a Manchester resident end up as the Treasurer of Yorkshire Section BMW Club? How in Manchester are you? I'm in a little town that oncve had the distinction of being split in all three counties. North of the valley was Yorkshire, south east was Cheshire, and my south west bit was Lancashire. Of course it's all still supposed to be Tameside, but I refuse to believe it... I'm a Lancashire Lad, with a touch of Yorkshire thrown in for good measure :D

I live in a place called Middleton seven miles north of Manchester center. Used to be a pleasant village in Lancashire, then got taken over by Rochdale Council. Been in the BM Club about 20 years. Was in Northern Section BM Club but seemed to be going to more Yorkshire events and wherever I went I would bump into Yorkshire Section members. Their Christmas dinner parties were always well attended and they drink a lot of beer, liked music and people had a good sense of humour. I was going to so many Yorkshire Section events that people thought I was in the section. So I joined 7 years ago. They wanted a volunteer for Treasurer 3 years ago so I volunteered.

Regards

Brilliant Dennis :clap , Just keep turning up and you become part of the furniture, a bit like me at my works really :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom