Gore-Tex Jacket

Jossa

I´m going to buy a new jacket and I want the impression of some models, how they work in warm and in cold weather conditions. Are they heavy and how is the comfort.The models are Bmw Rally 2,Bmw Streetguard,Alpinestar Lead and Rukka Armatech.

I can only comment on the Rukka jacket, which I find to be very comfortable, warm with the liner in, quite heavy with the rubber armour in, and probably a bit hot for summer use (on account of its blackness) even without the liner.

Not cheap, but is waterproof. Not yet tested abrasion or armour qualities!

I woudl happily buy another one, if neccesary.
Shug

Rukka

Not on your list, but I have the Rukka Smart Riders Outfit.

It has the same Armarcor protection as the Rukka Armatech. It comes with a separate, inner jacket which contains inflatable air bladders which you inflate by mouth to give extra insulation when needed. It is also lined with the Outlast material which helps to smooth out rapid changes in temperature. The fit of the jacket and trousers is absolutely excellent too. But... it is bloomin expensive.

I've got the streetguard suit. Bought it second hand. it's absolutely waterproof and well made. Feels a bit stiff , but that's nothing to worry about. It's perfect for the New Zealand climate.
A guy on the German boxer forum is adverstising a jacket for 420 Euro (new 613)

Cheers

I've got an Alpinestars. Great waterproofing and the removable lining is very warm. Material is wearing well.

Only drawback are the Alpinestars pop studs which don't after a couple of years use and have to be splayed out with a hammer to stay secure!

Martyn

Rallye 2

Bought the Rally 2 jacket, great for warm climates, it's got airflow
vents & zips all over, and more pockets than you can shake a stick at. The Gortex liner zips out, and the jacket can be put in the washing machine. even the Gortex liner is washable.
Is it heavy??, well no than other fabric jackets, I've certainly worn heavier leather. but like all clothes once it's on yer back....
As for comfort, theres a good choice in sizes available, I've no cmplaints there.
It's not cheap, but then .......................

If you wear a coolmax long sleeve or similar instead of the usual T Shirt, it's really comfortable & cool.

John

Goretex Jackets

I bought the top-of-range Frank Thomas goretex jacket and trouser combo. I'm well impressed with the quality and waterproofness. The jacket is well thought out, with lots of pockets and a nice warm liner. The trousers & jacket zip together which I dont think is the case with the equivalent Rukka kit.

Well worth a look.

Rukka

Had a Rukka for about 5 years now - worn in the tropics for a year (without the liner!) and now in UK. Cracking bit of kit, never wears out - a top buy at a top price.

Darien by Aerostich

In the states, we find the Darien jacket to be a good one. It is Gortex, and has several choices of zip in liners (2 weights of fleece, 2 weights of electric). With the liner out, it is more of a heavy shell w/ decent venting. Probably one of the most versatile jackets, good for just above freezing to almost 100F. Waterproof and plenty of pockets. Prefer this type to the type of jackets that have gortex liners. It is a little stiff until broken in.
http://www.aerostich.com/riderwearhouse.store

Back
Top Bottom