National Rally

(RIP) sherpa

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any one doing the National Rally this weekend?
If so is anyone having problems downloading their route to SPC III?
Plotted the route on mapsource along with the controls as waypoints but every time i try and download it to SPC III the SPCIII says it has truncated the route because of consecutive via points!!!!!
It's not a fault with my SPC III 'cos another unit is doing the same on another computer (my riding companion)
Any ideas anyone?
Sherpa;)

Sooooo helpful Jim!!!!!
Steve sorted problem by recalculating route - but not sure why it didn't work originally. I'm going to contact Tony Broad at Garmin and see if he has any clues
See you soon, glassback!!!!
;)

see you at the finish

Invicta
Make yourselves known at the finish and we'll have a chin wag
1 Silver large tank GS with top box and baglux harness
2 Graphitan GS with remus and panniers
3 Blue and white GS with remus and panniers
4 Silver and black 636 Kwaka (he'll be the one with a stiff back!!!)
Have fun and good luck
Sherpa;)

We arrived at Uttoxeter at 5:45 as we seemed to blitz through the night stages and sat in Hollies cafe at Cannock for an extra hour over the compulsory stops.

Still didn't get out until gone 7:00 though 'cos they wouldn't let us book in until 6:45 ish.

You timed it just right by the sound of it.

Adam

We'd padded out the night section with an hour watching the slappers of Bromsgrove at some shitty petrol station where there was rumoured to be a rest stop (!) and then by drinking tea as often as possible at other stops to pad the time out.

We did meet one group on mainly BeeEms and a new Pan that seemed not to want to be oveertaken! We called them the GPS squad... You can make asn Adventure quite wide if you sit to the right of the lane on twisty road when you have three other GS's trying to pass..... :)

We kept bumping (not literally!!) into a GS and VFR pair and a solo guy on an SPC Vnnn RBK 1150 for a lot of the way round.... both I think GS Club members?

Paul

Invicta Moto said:

We kept bumping (not literally!!) into a GS and VFR pair and a solo guy on an SPC Vnnn RBK 1150 for a lot of the way round.... both I think GS Club members?

Paul

I was initially half of a GS/VFR pair riding an SPC (silver) GS Vnnn RBK and then a solo GS Vnn RBK - one and the same methinks. The VFR's back gave out at Worcester - serves him right as he has a perfectly good F650 at home - and he headed off to Uttoxeter to spend a chilly few hours waiting for me to complete the circuit. I don't think I could have done it (our first ever attempt) so quickly with the VFR in tow. I managed to finish at exactly 540 miles at 09:15. This is really pleasing as we plotted our route on Awfulroute on Saturday morning and then discarded it after completing the outer zone and resorting to reading my glovebox atlas as we rode! We then had a very cautious ride from Uttoxeter back to Sevenoaks. I hit the sack for 14 dreamless hours and am still feel fairly elderly now! Will we do it next year? Definately.

Richard

Ha, you wimpy lot!!

We might only have done 425 miles for a Silver, but whilst I was OK on the long distance Jumbo RT complete with GPS, my two fellow members of team 'Two Monkeys & A Donkey' on their little Honda Monkeys had a harder one.

Managed 260 miles to a tank on the RT at their speeds of 50/55 though.

Yawn....

Seems almost cheating with a GPS.

Steve
:D :D

I do believe I saw you nutcases (the monkey bikes anyway) going the other way on the A1... towards Wansford possibly?

Didn't for one minute think you were doing the Rally.

Also saw a guy on a C90 pulling into various checkpoints.

VFR man has no excuse :D

Adam

Back
Top Bottom