Ram mount for 2610

GSdude

Reaction score
Hi chaps. Just bought a 2610 (YES !! - THAT deal from GPS Warehouse) - as some of you know, Im planning a trip to Italy in July to meet up with friends on their new 1200ADV. I was just wondering, after considering various options - the 2610 has come with a full 'bag of mashings' so to speak including a plastic wrap around holder that fits onto the ram mount. Would I be better off looking at (for example) a Touratech holder for the unit - ie, would this be a better, safer, stronger option :nenau ..If so, which one is suitable - or will the one supplied be adequate. Thanks once again MJK :bow

I use the mount supplied by GPS Warehouse and I've found it adequate. I attach it to a Migsel mount (above the speedo) rather than to the crossbar as I can sneak a quick glance at it every now and then and still keep the road in peripheral vision. I have a photo of the mount somewhere if you need it. Regarding security, I never leave the GPS on the bike if I'm away from it, but even the lockable Touratech mount won't stop a determined thief.

You may want to have alook at the new Motorrad Concepts mount here

Click

It holds the unit over the clocks and is very secure.

Regards

Stumpy

stumpy said:
You may want to have alook at the new Motorrad Concepts mount here

Click

It holds the unit over the clocks and is very secure.

Regards

Stumpy

Wants to be Bloody secure for £95 + shipping !!!!! Holy cow... Ram mount = £10!! That's a crazy price from motorradconcepts!!! (unless i'm missing a significant piece of info, that is??) :nenau

Taff said:
Regarding security, I never leave the GPS on the bike if I'm away from it, but even the lockable Touratech mount won't stop a determined thief.

What he said :rob

If the one you have keeps it in place securely on the move maybe you should save yourself £95 :nenau

swebb said:
Wants to be Bloody secure for £95 + shipping !!!!! Holy cow... Ram mount = £10!! That's a crazy price from motorradconcepts!!! (unless i'm missing a significant piece of info, that is??) :nenau

It's only £55 for the Motorrad Concepts mount. The remainder of the cost is the Garmin Clamp that goes between the MC mount and the 2610.

You would need that same item if you use a RAM-mount.

I reckon the assembly pictured below will cost you around £80-ish :confused:

I like RAM mounts, but the position the Motorrad Concepts mount puts the GPS in is the next best thing to a "heads-up" display :thumb

Al :D

Attachments

• Ram_Garmin.jpg
    Ram_Garmin.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 400
Wow guys, glad that this one has aroused some interest and discussion. Im extremely grateful to ALL who have endeavoured to reply and where appropriate produce piccys. Thanks guys. :thumb

Wants to be Bloody secure for £95 + shipping !!!!! Holy cow... Ram mount = £10!! That's a crazy price from motorradconcepts!!! (unless i'm missing a significant piece of info, that is??)

I think the price comparison with a RAM mount is slightly unfair as the complete fitting system from RAM costs nearer £50. The main advantage of a Motorrad Concepts mount over RAM is the “over the clocks” position is a safer place to view the Sat Nav while in motion. I had a RAM mount on my own 1150 for while and, along with a few other folk, had some vibration problems with my RAM mount.

In my opinion the new mount is the safest, most convenient, securest way of mounting a sat nav on an 1150. I am aware it is also one of the most expensive as well but £95 to fix a £300-£600 Sat Nav to a £5000-£8000 GS doesn’t seem over the top to me. However I work for the company so I would say that. :D

We do a nice mount for your 1200 as well :thumb

Stumpy

This is the one to have! :thumb

Attachments

• 1150GSGPSVIIGarmim04thumb.jpg
    1150GSGPSVIIGarmim04thumb.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 368
Blackal said:
It's only £55 for the Motorrad Concepts mount. The remainder of the cost is the Garmin Clamp that goes between the MC mount and the 2610.
I like RAM mounts, but the position the Motorrad Concepts mount puts the GPS in is the next best thing to a "heads-up" display :thumb

Unless I'm mistaken, the Motorrad Concepts mount is £95 without the Garmin clamp.

Fitted the garmin mount last week . Very neat and tidy ,also has holder for power cable.

longdog said:
Unless I'm mistaken, the Motorrad Concepts mount is £95 without the Garmin clamp.

Yes, you are mistaken. :nono

The original query was for the mount for the GS1200Adv, which as you see below - is under £55 :rob (I bought one)

Mount for a GS1200Adv

Add on the Garmin cradle and you probably hit £95-ish, but with the RAM mount assembly I illustrated above ----- you ain't gonna be much less with that :nenau

Blackal said:
Yes, you are mistaken. :nono

The original query was for the mount for the GS1200Adv, which as you see below - is under £55 :rob (I bought one)

Sorry, I should have read the thread starter, I was talking about the Motorrad 1150 mount. Which, by the way I think is the best mount for a Garmin system bar none even at £95!!! :thumb

I hope Sanity Clause comes up with what I want! :thumb

I hope Sanity Clause comes up with what I want! :thumb[/QUOTE]

There is NO Sanity Clause!! :thumb :nenau

Pat

Gamin mount

The Motorrad Concepts mount IS expensive but it a very solid chunk of anodised aluminium (I guess) and thus will not vibrate in use - and of course it looks right on the bike - very workmanlike. Comined with the Gamin holder it makes it a fairly safe unit -difficult to remove without the little torx screwdriver provided, although I would not leave mine in place overnight.
On the GSA (or the GS with a GSA screen that I have) the unit is easy to see just below your normal vision. (I should mention that service and advice from them, in Scotland, is excellent)

Back
Top Bottom