Differences '05 to '06 HP2?

luckylucian

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone know the differences between the 2005 and 2006 model HP2?

Thanks

luckylucian said:
Anyone know the differences between the 2005 and 2006 model HP2?

Thanks

2005 models had 05 and 55 printed on the yellow bit at the back

2006 models had 06 and 56 printed on the same bit

HTH

Sherps ;)

Was just wondering if any of the 05 to 06 1200gs upgrades applied to the HP2, and hence a benefit to finding an 06 rather than an 05. Glad you were able to clear that up for me.

And in a humorous fashion :thumb

luckylucian said:
Was just wondering if any of the 05 to 06 1200gs upgrades applied to the HP2, and hence a benefit to finding an 06 rather than an 05. Glad you were able to clear that up for me.

And in a humorous fashion :thumb

What GS up grades :confused: This is an HP2 totally different bike.

True, it is a different model but you would be surprised at the common elements, software etc between the bikes ie 1200gs clocks/rev counter fit straight on and work correctly :beerjug:

luckylucian said:
True, it is a different model but you would be surprised at the common elements, software etc between the bikes ie 1200gs clocks/rev counter fit straight on and work correctly :beerjug:

That's not what I was told,unless you buy a new set (£500)and have your dealer fit them for you.

I've learnt to live without a rev counter :thumb

The clocks fit but you need the dealer to reflash the bike to make it work.

There really isn't much similar between the models. The wheels, frame, swingarm, bodywork etc. are different. The FD is a different part number. The airbox is different and the aftermarket Wunderlich one won't fit. Even the footpegs are different. Not much left. Yeah they both run CANBUS, have probably the same pistons but ultimately they are as different as all the other boxer models to the 12GS :confused:

Back
Top Bottom