2007 spec 990 Adventure

ovenpaa

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the specifications for the 2007 990 Adventures yet? I have trolled the webynet but not found anything of interest. I did read a comment in Advrider that the 2007 990 has an optional suspension control from the handlebars :eek:

I am after information on the 990S, I had a feeling not a lot would change, but it does seem strange that KTM stopped building them a few months ago and are not due to start again until the new year.

I've asked my dealer this (I've got one on order) and he said there were none. However, I'm not so sure he's right as I've seen a picture of one at the NEC and it was in a new colour for '07 - dark metallic blue.

I'd be surprised if there were no other changes.

Pressurized said:
I've asked my dealer this (I've got one on order) and he said there were none. However, I'm not so sure he's right as I've seen a picture of one at the NEC and it was in a new colour for '07 - dark metallic blue.

I'd be surprised if there were no other changes.
Are you going for a 990 or the 990S? I am sure there will be some changes as it has been taken out of production for a few months.

Have KTM sorted the surging problem on the 990 yet? I took one out a few months ago, if it hadn't been for the terrible surging below 40 I would have bought one.

I haven't spotted any reference to a 2007 model yet.

This new 690 defiantly appeals, very nice for a standard production bike.

Attachments

• KTM_EICMA_2006-003r.jpg
    KTM_EICMA_2006-003r.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 534
Rob Farmer said:
Have KTM sorted the surging problem on the 990 yet? I took one out a few months ago, if it hadn't been for the terrible surging below 40 I would have bought one.
Apparently, yes. Surging is fixed by starting the bike from cold, letting it run for 15-20 minutes then stopping it, at no time throughout touching the throttle.

Certainly the bike I tried had no trace of surging and the dealer told me about the fix (they're told to do it during PDI).

The bike was very sensitive to the throttle, irritating at low speeds. A lot of reports complain about this. I figured it was a small niggle on an otherwise fantastic bike and that I'd be able to deal with it with practice. I hope I'm right as I'm collecting mine in early spring.

Pressurized said:
Apparently, yes. Surging is fixed by starting the bike from cold, letting it run for 15-20 minutes then stopping it, at no time throughout touching the throttle.

Certainly the bike I tried had no trace of surging and the dealer told me about the fix (they're told to do it during PDI).

The bike was very sensitive to the throttle, irritating at low speeds. A lot of reports complain about this. I figured it was a small niggle on an otherwise fantastic bike and that I'd be able to deal with it with practice. I hope I'm right as I'm collecting mine in early spring.

Is that 'fix' a once only arrangement or do you have to do that before every ride ???

3rd update

surging is not always cured on the 15 min engine on thing. They do that after the reprogam if they change silencers to akropovics etc. I`m told it improves after the 1st service, and or after the bikes done a couple of thousand miles :thumb

Rob Farmer said:

I haven't spotted any reference to a 2007 model yet.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice :D

Loz said:
16k+ :eek: ...loz

Feck me for 16k it should be nice :confused:

Nick,

I know you didn't take the flashing off your tyres but what did you think to the 990? even for your standards it was sold on quickly.

Rob Farmer said:

Isn't that the customer race bike that KTM offers? I don't think that's a production bike (yet). The engine cases do look like the new 690 production motor.

101570337-M.jpg

dirtydog said:
You are taking the piss of course :nenau

That's never 16K... :confused:

it's probably more than that,KTM only make enough for the race guy's and they say thay sell them at a LOSS!!! for the sake of the sport,i got my last 525 from derrick edmonson 3 years ago when he was doing the dakar on a 660 rally which cost him then 16.5k :eek: .....loz

Back
Top Bottom