RETRO-FITTING BMW HEATED GRIPS

Eng

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,
having just done the speedo and the headlight on my 1994 100GSPD, it is now the turn of the grips and hazard flashers.

The headlight was a real PITA, and I stripped everything out in the end, as the adjuster threads were too stiff (needed cleaning properly) and the adjuster ball-joints likewise. Also mine had a headlamp shade/eyebrow stuck to the glass with clear silicone which initially confused matters until I figured out to just pull it off.

On to the heated grips: anyone done it recently? I bought the genuine BMW kit, but looking at the bikes wiring loom, there is not an obvious connector. I have found the connector for the hazard switch (although my 94 GS does not have the correct relay!!!!) but the other two pigtails that appear from the loom do not appear to have either the correct colour wires or correct connector?

Does anyone have a spare relay they would like to sell? part no:61311459224?
Fits K75/100/1100 I believe

All advice gratefully received!

Cheers Eng :beer:

I've recently fitted Oxford heated grips to mine . . . . Under the tank I found a lonely plug appearing out of the loom just aft of the coils. It was 12V, switched via the ignition and fused. I think that's the one intended for heated grips, at any rate it's what I connected to and it works fine.

heated grips,

I have OE ones on my G/S, however, if you have acerbis style handguards you will short the throttle side in a few days..Tarka knows.................. :D

LOOM PROBLEMS SORTED!!

Eventually sorted out the connector set-up for grips, clock and hazard flashers!

Cheers
Eng

Eventually sorted out the connector set-up for grips, clock and hazard flashers!

Cheers
Eng

Only spare socket I can find on mine is probably for the hazards, any chance of a pic of your setup showing where the clock and hazards connected? Cheers :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom