Timbuktu

Steve V

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone travelled UK to Timbuktu ? If so any chance of some advice on routes and potential pitfalls. At the moment I am just pondering but it's something I would like to do next year, it would also be interesting to know how long it took.

Thanks
Steve

Doink!

and doinks again Numero six!! merci buckets for remembering the 'little ones'
I trust you'll keep your data - much updated since last time!! BTW
If you're travelling through MOPTI...can I ask a favour of you and all those of you going there? ask your GP to give you more anti-malarial than you need and drop it off (15 minutes of your time) at the orphanage
If anyone going would like to do that- please get in touch with me :thumb

BTW- when are you headed towards the sands?

Hi Bert, we're leaving on the 27th Dec but unfortunately we won't be going near Mopti. We may not even get into Mali at all and if we do it will probably be just cutting across the Northwest corner into Senegal.
Andy.

Ok

but it is shame to think you'll be going all that way and miss out not only the festival (whether that would be your cuppa or not!) but missing out on Dogon country - spectacular rock formations, extraordinary people and mud houses and the terrain...... :D enough real off road to satisfy the most adventurous!!
Have a look at a taster! and those variation on a French croissant theme wewre delish!
Whatever you do, have a fantastic time :thumb

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 169
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 165
  • three.jpg
    three.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 169
  • four.jpg
    four.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 165
  • five.jpg
    five.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 164
and a couple more

to increase your expectations!! :D

Attachments

• six.jpg
    six.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 162
  • seven.jpg
    seven.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 167
  • GS.jpg
    GS.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 164
Bert

Hi Bert

Thanks for the info, I am meeting with the guy I'm hoping to travel with in Edinburgh next week. We will make some decisions then but we would certainly drop meds off if the ride comes off. I will contact you when we are more sure as to what is happening, and hopefully you can give us some travel info.

Cheers
Steve

Updated

I had a look at the the link you put up Tim but don't quite see how that helps Steve :nenau ... the info I can offer Steve is much more recent IMHO

Steve: thanks- get in touch- I'll gladly share what I have if it helps. :)

Back
Top Bottom