SPIII Deluxe

littleredrooster

Reaction score
Latest price on EBay from Mandy Philips is £765 for the full deluxe kit (128MB). Becoming very tempted!!!!

I just got the deluxe kit at Costco for £705 including VAT. Now I just have to get it ready for the bike. Any tips gents?

Bob

Bob Southgate said:
I just got the deluxe kit at Costco for £705 including VAT. Now I just have to get it ready for the bike. Any tips gents?

Bob
Hard wire it to the bike (most usually done by buying an additional power cable and snipping the cigarette lighter adaptor off) - it easts batteries and the vibes means you can cause damage to the unit through arc-ing. If you're happy to keep switching the the bracket between car and bike then get yourself a RAM mount with U-bolt fixing which gives the most flexibility in mounting. Many people also opt for the Touratech bracket (sometimes in combination with the RAM mount).

Have fun!! :D

Colin have you not seen the Staples offer posting. The chappie got a deluxe kit £640

1. Couldn't find a teacher - where are they when you need 'em?

2. Offer now finished, I believe.

Bob> Who/what is Costco - are they a nationwide outfit or local to your area?

Is it feasible to power the unit from the power socket on the GS? I would prefer to do this as I will be swapping the unit between the Triumph and the GS.

Bob

Red,

Costco is a warehouse company who have a few locations based around the UK. They are a US company. You have to be either self employed to have membership or work for certain professions. Take a look here http://www.costco.co.uk for more info on who is eligible and their locations.

Bob

Aha! Just searched for Costco on Google. Nearest store is Brum for me - membership apparently costs $45 p.a. Prolly still makes it cheaper than Mandy Philips, though.

I couldn't find a teacher either...

....but a bit of skullduggery with Microsoft Word and a school newsletter which I then faxed to myself to cover the dodgy logo, and hey presto! I work for a school!

They didn't take any details from the letter and even let me have the letter back. In fact it was so easy, I went back and bought some stlyus's for my Palm - and got 20% off that too!!

Ok, so maybe this was a bit cheeky, but...!!

Maybe not much use this time round Little Red, but I'm sure they'll do something similar in future...

Costco

Costco is a warehouse club / cash-n-carry based all over the UK - Reading, Watford, Thurrock, Birmingham, Derby, Liverpool, Manchester etc etc. Membership is open to anyone in business and also to employees of certain companies and to professionals like doctor, lawyer, dentist, teacher, magistrate etc. It costs you £30/year but the benefits are well worth it.

I was in Costco in Reading earlier today and they had lots of the SPIII Deluxe packs in at £705 including VAT. Ring them up and find out about membership or synchronise with someone on the board who is a Costco member and buy using their card.

Mike

Bob Southgate said:
Is it feasible to power the unit from the power socket on the GS? I would prefer to do this as I will be swapping the unit between the Triumph and the GS.

Bob

Exactly what I've done with mine. I've added an additional accessory socket on the handle bars of my GS and in the fairing of my Tiger. You'll just need to adapt various cables and adaptors to match everything up. Works fine for me. See it at Weyhill if needs be.

Back
Top Bottom