Batteries

kiwiAdventure

Reaction score
All HP's delivered to New Zealand have bad Batteries. The bikes were all built 09/2005. Mine is an Canadian Spec bike, and you guessed it no spare Batteries in this part of the world. The dealer lent me a BMW battery charger. :thumb

The batteries are special just for the HP and will cost $245.00 plus NZ Tax if out of warranty.

yip

kiwiAdventure said:
All HP's delivered to New Zealand have bad Batteries. The bikes were all built 09/2005. Mine is an Canadian Spec bike, and you guessed it no spare Batteries in this part of the world. The dealer lent me a BMW battery charger. :thumb

The batteries are special just for the HP and will cost $245.00 plus NZ Tax if out of warranty.

maybe u needed a trickle charger :D

Hmmm

Perhaps you could use the one out of the RT :D

My battery lasted 1 week before it had to be replaced. (about 6 months ago).
I just had heated handgrips put on 2 weeks ago, and 2 days later the battery was flat.
I out it down to the grips, but I have not used them since and the battery is very low.

Battery

My HP2 battery lasted all of three weeks........

The replacement, different type apparently, no probs so far (10 months).

Looks like there is loads of room in the battery tray to fit a bigger unit - has anyone tried this?

Cheers, Rick.

RickA said:
My HP2 battery lasted all of three weeks........

The replacement, different type apparently, no probs so far (10 months).

Looks like there is loads of room in the battery tray to fit a bigger unit - has anyone tried this?

Cheers, Rick.

Mine was playing up the first week. The shop has checked new HPs and all the batteries are bad.

Back
Top Bottom