remus pipes

The Sandman

Greetings all , as a new owner of a GS 1150 the first thing I want to do is get rid of the standard exhaust system (pathetic anaemic whifling noise, urg.) I have read all the posts regarding exhaust
and the Remus system looks like the best. However I have not seen anything regarding alterations to the fuel mapping. Is this not required ? I spoke to my local BM dealers SPC in Faringdon, hants and they seemed to think it was not a problem. In my experience fitting a free flowing system to any machine usually requires jetting changes. I seem to recall seeing a system some years back for the GS 1100 that came with a re-programed eprom (fueling chip) Apart from this the other advantage is in loosing the Cat which weighs around five kg.:cool:

You don't need to touch it, refit the O2 sensor and the motronic will sort it out, the Y piece and can will show up any imbalance in the throttle bodies so get 'em synched up when you get the pipe & can fitted, or buy yourself a Twinmax and do it yourself, takes 10 mins.

Why pay Remus price when you can get the Sebring Y piece & Can for 30% less, made by the same people in the same factory, get the titanium twister can.

Call touratech

One more tip don't be tempted to try to remove the O2 sensor with the cable on, remove the tank and disconnect the cable or you will get in an awful raffle and damage the cable.

Back
Top Bottom