KTM Dealers

Cooky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My 1150 GS has been nicked and I'm thinking of replacing with a KTM Adventure. My main concern is dealer back-up and reliability. I commute everyday so these are important.

I live in North London and work in the city. Any good dealers in those necks of the wood?

Are parts hard to come by for dealer repairs?

Do they do loan bikes?

Help would be appreciated - many thanks :thumb

Andrew

Can't comment on London dealers specifically.

I recently bought a second hand 950 adventure, which was allegedly still under warranty. I've done all the work it required myself, and getting parts mail order was not a problem. Triple D motorsport in Kendal are very efficient at sending stuff out.

However none of the dealers I spoke to would even consider doing warranty work on my bike, saying that they would only work on bikes they sold, also my bike doesn't have a full KTM service history.

This is in marked contrast to my experience with the BMW dealer where I bought my 1200GS, even though I did a lot of service work on that bike myself, the dealer (Southport Superbikes) could not have been more helpful when it came to warranty claims.

I've got a bit of a bad feeling towards KTM dealers consequently, they were all too eager to take my money for accessories but not even willing to carry out KTM's recommended service bulletins (ie recalls) under warranty.

But I suppose that's a risk you take in buying a second hand bike. Sorry if this wasn't too helpful but I felt the need to vent a little :)

Hi I have 950SM ,Dealer for Brighton is in Burgess Hill And they are excellent,always give a loan bike and warrenty work/recall stuff done.You are best off going to Bracken KTM in London ,they are the best,and also know Beemers ,and have a very good name and loyal customers ,Good luck :thumb

Jim Aims. near Halstead Essex. :thumb
They have been selling KTM's for years , long before they were trendy. They are a family firm and will look after you. :beerjug:

NEVER, EVER go to Colin Collins in Letchworth. The worst dealers I've come accross ever. And that's saying something!. The service dept is a fackin disgrace. Brackens or Jim Aim :thumb

Thanks for help. Is the Bracken in Euston as good as the Bracken in South London?

Mouse said:
However none of the dealers I spoke to would even consider doing warranty work on my bike, saying that they would only work on bikes they sold, also my bike doesn't have a full KTM service history.

I've got a bit of a bad feeling towards KTM dealers consequently, they were all too eager to take my money for accessories but not even willing to carry out KTM's recommended service bulletins (ie recalls) under warranty.

:)
Under EU rules i thought any KTM dealer is obliged to carry out warranty/recall work?. :nono
They simply claim back through the manufacturer. :nenau

Sorry, can't comment on North London dealers, but I wouldn't use any supposed KTM dealer who isn't a dedicated franchise, i.e. don't do anything but. For that, and other reasons, I wouldn't suggest using Colin Collins.

It's WELL out of London, but I used Premier in Didcot and I've found them to be excellent. Jim Aim out at Halstead is also solely KTM and I was impressed with them when I borrowed a demonstrator when deciding between a 950 and a 990.

I suppose Bracken is one London option. I've not used them so can't comment, but have a search for that name on Orange crush amongst other KTM owners.

premier bikes. didcot

they were happy to do the abs switch recal a couple of weeks ago, i didnt buy the bike from them. May buy the next ktm there... :D

Yep - bought mine from Premier Bikes - nice chaps. The loan bike was a bit fo a disappointment (Suzuki GS500,k but then I needed it for 150 miles - they'd have given me a better bike for a shorter distance though).

The new dealer, TriCounty Motorcycles in Bracknell, is excellent. Clive and Richard seem to be excellent though, and are my preferred lot now. Loan bike for me was a 950 Supermoto - yeehaa!

Warranty claims (not though I've had any) dont appear to be a problem. Surprised others have had hassle.

Premier bikes fecked my 950 up at first they tried to blame me,
eventually took 6 weeks to rectify the problem,
KTM UK were useless :spitfire

Enjoy your new machine :rolleyes:

Thinking of test riding a 690SM and wondered if anyone had experience of In Moto in Croydon? Spoke to a chap called Christian this afternoon who was very helpful.

Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom