Recommended... Wunderlich Engine Bars

speedyellow

Well..... not a product I was planning on testing properly... but that's what I ended up doing on Saturday....

Went up for a play around Sailsbury on Saturday, had a great time, no hassles.... till I was on my way home... stopped off at mates place in Bournemouth on way home.. coffeed and warmed up again headed off home, riding through bournemouth, 30mph with traffic, very slight right hander and the bike just went down (never had a bike vanish that quick before... like ice.. but no diesel or anything, must just be the joys of nobblies on a slimey town road grrrr)... very hard.... and slide across the road, up the curb and stopped in a grassy bank... I even managed to get back on my feet before it had stopped sliding along.

Went across expecting to find some expensive damage, but the only marks were on the engine bars (well worn now) and hand guard even more scuffed than off road drops and the crash bung on the drive shaft has a light scuff...

So £150 bars saved any damage to the heads and everything else.... well well worth buying.... oh and glad I still had full body armour on, only a stiff neck to show for it!

Nobblies on the road are a crap idea.... but duel riding.... means I need both... no idea what I should do about that.... never had any issues on TKC 80's... so might swop to those now... any suggestions?

Must

What tyres were you on(or not depending on which way you look at it)and what crash bung is that then?

Glad you're not hurt,too much,slow ones can be the worst sometimes:beerjug:

It's the R&G swingarm shaft protector, I've got them on the front forks as well and the exhaust can. They seem to work.... again, not something I was planning on testing!

Picture stolen from their site but gives you an idea where it fits even if it's on the wrong side....

Oh and still running on the Karoo's..... (when up right anyway!)

Attachments

• img336.jpg
    img336.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 819
R&G crash bung

I've also fitted one of those. :thumb2 Slightly too late to save a couple of chips on the hub tho'. :eek:

Attachments

• bung1.jpg
    bung1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 606
  • bung2.jpg
    bung2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 605
Where is the best place to buy these crash bungs and is there a specific size to them?

Glad you got away with limited damage and certainly starting to doubt these karoo's after the lad at BMW dropped mine on a roadtest last week. Also don't have handguards fitted so what is the HP2"must have" types currently fitted :D

got mine from leon at BMWbike bits link at the top of page.

However don't not buy the engine bars if you have the large HPN tank cos they don't fit together..... (R's)

Back
Top Bottom