Why i ride bikes

Henry Mawson

Reaction score
Am in a small bar in italy recovering from the brutal assault on my liver that was the 28th Motoraduno Internationale Dello Stelvio. just been out for a quick 200+ mile run to ride the Sella Gruppe - 4 mountain passes that run into each other. what to do next- the Stella Alpina or succum to even more abuse by taking advantage of the MC Aspach for their party- i love it.
HENRY

Hey Henry glad you are having such a great time! Fantastic area for biking, but some time you should try it the way real men do; by bicycle!. Last sunday 6th July (I think the same time as the Stelvio Rally) I rode the 'Maratona dLes Dolomites' along with around 9000 others. Starting from La Villa. through Corvara and then over Campolongo, Pordoi, Sella & Gardena (The Sella Runde) then again over Campolongo to Arabba, then over Giau, Falzarego, Valparolo and back to Corvara... 147km, 4300 metres climbing, and for me about 8 hours cycling. Fantastic, and the best thing is that all roads are closed to motorised traffic! - Lots of unhappy motorcyclists around...

I am still planning to be at Bardonecchia for the Stella, this time with the GS so perhaps we will meet up if you can tear yourself away from the partying!

Pierre

but some time you should try it the way real men do; by bicycle!.

Have you ever seen a cyclist smiling?...Neither have I. They always have a strange fixed grimance on their faces. A bit like :nige

Agreed re: cyclists. Just back from the Ireland 'summer' tour - pissed down constantly for days, a great trip spolied by the weather, made our camping experience totally miserable ... until we saw the bicycle tourers. No matter how bad it was for us it was 100 times worse for them!!

Agree with Scurrell .... WHY????????????

Back
Top Bottom