XJ600 Winter project

Deleted account 231211001

Reaction score
I have acquired a 1991 XJ600 (Not the divvy) Motor running nicely with 56k miles, bit cacky and tired, as a winter project to keep me off the streets and out of mischeif.
Anyone rebuilt one? If so, anything major I need to know about? Anyone got bits in the shed they need to get shut of?
First Yam rebuild after mainly brit twins, old Kwak 4 pots and a Sportster.

XJ

Hi mate, I had an 91 XJ6 from new-was good bike, did 50k on it. Make sure the rear suspension linkages are greased-mine seized at 18months and broke the frame. Had helluva job getting Yamaha to stump up new frame-they did in the end, but I had to pay for fitting. Other probs were mostly cosmetic-the finish was shite. I had most of the alloy bits blasted and powder coated. The other problem I had was electrical-I'd thought for ages how good the headlight was, without realising it was actually overcharging. The rectifier went, cooked the battery, and buggered the rev counter, caused other probs, but I can't remember what! Don't suppose for a minute it's still got the 4-2 exhaust-that will have rotted through years ago! Mechanically, it was pretty bullet-proof.
Hope this helps, Martin.

Back
Top Bottom