City Navigator Europe v9

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
lite3.gif

Having been told by Garmin that the update is now available, when I enter my Master Coupon Code (after I worked out what that is) into My Garmin, it says "This Master Coupon Code does not contain any Garmin units that currently have MapSource updates available".

Has anybody else been successful?

:confused:

Greg

When Ii try to order the update for my Quest 2 and enter my "master coupon code", I get the same message, "This Master Coupon Code does not contain any Garmin units that currently have MapSource updates available". The whole business of map updates is highly confusing and very irritating. I always end up going round in circles on Garmin's websites. I've decided I can't be bothered.

Just wait until there's CN v9 update disks on fleabay (for about £50) and buy one :eek:

Or, wait until there's CN v9 update disks on fleabay, and ask Garmin for a free disk :thumb

In both cases they'll still want the unlock fee. HTH.

My CN V9 will be coming through my door any day now:D
I did phone Garmin and the guy went through the order with me.

The database for who is due what is a bit slow at the moment. I emailed them and they updated it and emailed me back as I was getting the no updates message.

No problems after that. I am now waiting for the discs.

Anyone know how the update works as I do not want to copy the version 9 onto the unit as the version 8 cannot be deleted as it is a basemap, it would take up too much space.

......as the version 8 cannot be deleted as it is a basemap, it would take up too much space.
It isn't a basemap.
It can be deleted (and will be).
It's easier to explain how to do the update when you've got the discs, and when you've had a go.

Back
Top Bottom